I mentioned in my post on essie Cabana Boy that the beauty section at my local CVS was going under a bit of an overhaul. Well, one of the things they added was the new 1 Step WonderGel line to the existing wet n wild display.
For the longest time I was a huge fan of wet n wild nail polish. But, as the years pasted, the rest of the nail polish world moved forward and wet n wild was a bit stagnant. So I was very excited about the release of this line.
Thanks to my love of red nail polish (and the fact that it is included in the wet n wild Wild At Heart Valentine’s display…) I went straight for Crime of Passion. The polish is AMAZING. Not only is it a fantastic cherry red creme the formula is outstanding.
Though wet n wild claims this is a 1 step nail polish I did use 2 coats in my swatches. I also used a base coat (Orly Bonder) because….red nail polish.
I want to do a wear test with this polish because wet n wild claims up to 2 weeks of wear. My nails still looked awesome on day 4 and currently I have Crime of Passion on my toes and it is wearing incredibly well.
Under the jump I included some information from wet n wild on the 1 Step WonderGel line as well as swatches of Crime of Passion.
- Developed using the same technology that’s used in dental veneers for durability and shine. Ummmm, ok.
- This formula delivers the color and shine of a true UV cured gel polish, without the need for a special UV light.
- It cures with the regular ambient light from overhead lighting or sunlight.
- Because it is a true gel formula, the formula is light sensitive and requires an opaque bottle.
- Color and shine last for up to 2 weeks.
- Results are achieved in just one easy step. No top coat or base coat required.
- No harsh removal… Removes with regular nail polish.