OPI Russina Navy The Daily Varnish

OPI Russian Navy

OPI Russina Navy The Daily VarnishIt’s Thursday so it’s totally ok to do a throwback post, right? Plus, I bought this polish when OPI was $7.50 so that’s definitely a throwback!

Last week I was wearing this polish and I just couldn’t stop staring at my nails. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what’s new and what’s trendy I completely neglect the polishes I have loved for years.

Russian Navy was released in 2007 and hasn’t made an appearance on this blog since 2013. I did an entire review then so if you’re interested in that feel free to check it out.

This post is essentially to remind all of you who have Russian Navy in your collection to get it out and wear it! I truly forgot how gorgeous it is.

Don’t believe me? Check out the photos I took in the sun under the jump.

If for some reason you don’t have Russian Navy in your collection you can still pick it up at Target or even on Amazon.

OPI Russina Navy OPI Russina Navy sun OPI Russina Navy bottle

10 thoughts on “OPI Russian Navy

1. Ariadna July 23, 2015 at 10:47 am

Do you think this is better than OPI Ink? Both look gorgeous and I don’t own either one of them, but do you think owning both is justified? 🙂

• Alli July 23, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I prefer Russian Navy to Ink. Carolina is correct in that Ink is more purple than Russian Navy.

As far as owning both? Eh. I hardly ever even think about wearing OPI Ink. Just not my favorite. The base of Ink is quite a bit darker than that of Russian Navy.

• Katie July 24, 2015 at 12:07 am

So weird because I have Ink sitting beside me right now.

2. Carolina July 23, 2015 at 11:27 am

My OPI Ink looks more purple thn Russian Navy. Yet Russian Navy looks more purple than Yogata Get This Blue (which I hear is being discontinue)

3. Elena July 23, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Thanks for the reminder! I do own it, and I of course I totally neglect it chasing “new and trendy” stuff. A few weeks ago I swached it while trying to pick perfect blue for a design, and I thought “this is stunning, I should wear it more often”, and that was the last I thought of it. It deserves more love.

• Alli July 23, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Right? Classics are classics for a reason. I need reminders myself!

4. Cat Ray July 23, 2015 at 6:50 pm

This was one of my first polishes I bought when I got into nail polish as a hobby and it’s still a favorite, though I haven’t pulled it out in ages! Now I need to do so! I think I feel some throwback Thursday nails coming on!

5. Katie July 24, 2015 at 12:09 am

REMEMBER when you sent me this polish for my birthday!? AHHHH.

• Alli July 26, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Oh my gosh that’s right!

• Katie July 26, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Russian Navy & Midnight in Moscow….and here we are.