OPI Hotter Than You Pink The Daily Varnish

OPI Hotter Than You Pink

OPI Hotter Than You Pink The Daily VarnishIf you were reading The Daily Varnish last summer then you know I was pretty much obsessed with the 2014 OPI neon collection. I got the Little Bits of Neon mini set and wore those polishes constantly. Except Hotter Than You Pink. I figured it was about time to give it a try.

Hotter Than You Pink is a bright, cool pink with shimmer that flashes blue/purple in the right light.

The formula is thin; I used 3 coats in my swatches. This polish would benefit from a white base.

There’s just something about this polish I don’t like. The color seems dated, perhaps. I don’t know. But, I do get why I never used this last year.

That being said, I still love the Little Bits of Neon mini set. It’s a great way to get a variety of neons into your collection.

You can still find the Little Bits of Neon mini set on Amazon.

There are swatches under the jump!

OPI Hotter Than You Pink OPI Hotter Than You Pink swatch

9 thoughts on “OPI Hotter Than You Pink

1. Jen June 5, 2015 at 4:08 pm

It definatly feels a bit Barbie/Little girl, but I think a white undie would definatly help!

• Alli June 6, 2015 at 10:54 am

I’m so lazy when it comes to using a white base under neons…there are just too many out there that don’t need it!

2. LostInPolish June 5, 2015 at 5:20 pm

I’ve worn this a few times over last year. But my favorite time was when I used it as a base for this years Bright collection color Can’t Hear Myself Pink! I also used Strawberry Margarita under Can’t Hear Myself Pink! as well. I can’t choose which was my favorite combination though.

• Alli June 6, 2015 at 10:55 am

Speaking of Strawberry Margarita….I actually think Hotter Than You Pink would looks nice over Strawberry Margarita. Hmmm

3. tanguera June 5, 2015 at 10:43 pm

It’s bit dated, for sure… but it seems to stop just short of “frosted,” and that fact plus the tiny flash of what looks something like florescence (?) saves it from looking seriously dated… it’s like a modern twist on a 1950’s shade… uber feminine… I like it!

• Alli June 6, 2015 at 10:56 am

This walks a fine line when it comes to being a frost finish….it doesn’t quite cross into the frosted category.

4. ashley June 7, 2015 at 9:55 pm

it’s really something you brought up that whole ‘dated look’ thing.. i have always thought that about certain pinks or purples with that blue flash in there. this is one of those that kinda made me cringe and think of the late 80’s or early 90’s. the almost frosty thing does not help. i’m just glad to find out i’m not crazy lol! there are several other polishes i own that give me that vibe.. and the new one from Zoya.. i think it’s called Isa. it’s a purple with a blue flash like that. i like it but it still gives me that dated feeling bc of the blue flash

5. paintedfingertips June 10, 2015 at 11:42 am

This looks so pretty on you!

6. Christine Chipman June 21, 2015 at 8:36 am

I think this looks amazing on your nails, and against your skin colour.