Comparison Wet n Wild Nuclear War vs. Deborah Lippmann Don't Stop Believin'

Comparison: deborah lippmann Don’t Stop Believin’ vs. Wet n Wild Nuclear War

dupes - dontstopbelievin vs nuclear war

When I first wore Nuclear War it seemed very… familiar. I was sure I had something like it in my nail polish reserves. The first polish that came to mind was Meet me at Sunset by Essie. I pulled that out – nope, too red & creamy. Next I figured it must be a Julep polish. If I had something similar it ended up in a swap pile long ago – no matches. I even spent a few minutes looking in my red and orange drawers for something that would be close. I must not have been paying close enough attention…

I was out one evening rocking Nuclear War and talking to Alli and she mentioned deborah lippmann – it came to me! Don’t Stop Believin’ – it had to be! I felt silly for not realizing it sooner – I practically lived in Don’t Stop Believin’ last summer. I pulled it out of my melmer and checked…

We have a match! I’m so excited! I’ve never found a dupe on my own before – much less a deborah lippmann dupe! So we have a color match.. how do the formulas compare? The deborah lippmann is a winner hands down – the formula is perfect.  I mentioned in my review that Nuclear War was a bit on the thick side which made it a little harder to work with  but is it a $17 difference? No. Definitely not.

If you missed out on deborah lippmann’s 80’s Rewind collection last summer, you can still grab Don’t Stop Believin’ from Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale’s for $18. But I promise you, if you are feeling a little raaawrrr-ange void in your life, go pick up Nuclear War, you won’t be disappointed. You can find Wet n Wild displays at most local supermarkets and drugstores. If you’re an online shopper try or It retails for 99 cents.

What’s your favorite drugstore dupe?

katie signature 2015

Comparison Wet n Wild Nuclear War vs. Deborah Lippmann Don't Stop Believin'

Comparison Wet n Wild Nuclear War vs. Deborah Lippmann Don't Stop Believin'

9 thoughts on “Comparison: deborah lippmann Don’t Stop Believin’ vs. Wet n Wild Nuclear War

1. Style Domination May 26, 2015 at 12:59 pm

I would pick the Wet ‘n Wild only because the name is so awesome! LOL! My fave dupe is My Vampire is Buff ($9) – perfect dupe for the Nails Inc. X Victoria Beckham Bamboo White polish ($27).

• Katie May 26, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Ohhh that’s a good one – and a good excuse to buy My Vampire is Buff….

2. Style Domination May 26, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Sorry – My Vampire is Buff is by OPI.

3. linda lucas May 26, 2015 at 4:24 pm

just curious to know how often you change your nail color. i get tired of whatever color i have on no matter how good it looks!

• Katie May 26, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Me too 🙂 I probably change it… two-three times a week. The last few times I’ve worn something for a week it’s most likely been because I’ve been super busy.

4. Cookie May 27, 2015 at 1:23 pm

My favorite dupes are Revlon Naughty for Chanel Paradoxal, Zoya Yasmeen for Nars Purple Rain and Revlon Parfumerie Wintermint for Deborah Lippmann’s Mermaid’s Dream. Sally Girl Brainy (for .99 cents) is also supposed to be close to the DL (after 5 coats!) but I haven’t gotten my hands on it yet. Mermaid’s Dream is still the superior polish color and formula. Yasmeen isn’t quite as “deep” as Purple Rain but’s very, very close and it’s Zoya’s first rate formula. PR is also a one coater – Jaw Droppingly Gorgeous. Nars Purple Rain was a birthday splurge and so worth it. So worth it.

I have Don’t Stop Believing but will pick up the WnW. Wanna try marbleling but not with an $18 polish!

• Katie May 28, 2015 at 8:11 am

I bought Purple Rain for Alli for a birthday splurge!! That’s so cool. I may have to check out Yasmeen since Purple Rain lives in North Carolina. Yasmeen has been mentioned on a few of my posts as a “must have.” You win! I’m ordering it now!

I am a huge fan of Naughty/Purplex as a dupe for Paradoxal and Wintermint is so fun. I love the scent! I hadn’t even thought of those when I was brainstorming dupes because I only have the “dupe” not the higher end version.

You definitely should pick up Nuclear War – tweet/send us a picture so we can see your water marble!! The third WnW I’m interested in is Yo Soy (of course..)

• Katie June 3, 2015 at 8:11 am

I ordered Yasmeen!

5. Stephanie Parker May 29, 2015 at 11:20 am

I just picked up Nuclear War today and am so excited to try it! Had to go to 2 different stores (my Walgreens was OUT, but then picked it up at Rite Aid at 40% off!) Thanks so much for your recommendation – I don’t know that I would have chosen this myself, but it looks so great on you!