essie Private Weekend The Daily Varnish

essie Private Weekend

essie Private Weekend The Daily VarnishY’all. I am so sad about this polish. SO SAD!

I thought I was going to love Private Weekend. The description essie came up with is so lovely:

pristine and pretty. sparkling and crisp. infused with subtle shimmer, this radiant white is a lovely luxe getaway from the everyday.

Sounds gorgeous. Makes all my nail polishes senses excited. And the shimmer looks absolutely gorgeous in the bottle. So imagine how sad I was when I painstakingly applied 3 very streaky coats of Private Weekend just to end up with plain old white nails. It seriously looked like a white creme. Nothing special. No shimmer to be seen. Just…..white.

This is the only polish (so far…) to disappoint me from essie’s summer 2015 Peach Side Babe collection. I’ve really loved the other polishes I have tried.

If you want a soft white polish with a gorgeous glass fleck shimmer check out China Glaze Dandy Lyin’ Around (it’s still available on Amazon!). That is an absolutely wonderful polish.

I will link to the other polishes I’ve reviewed from the Peach Side Babe under the jump. There are also, of course, swatches of Private Weekend. Let me know if you can find any shimmer!

essie Private Weekend essie Private Weekend swatch essie Private Weekend label

11 thoughts on “essie Private Weekend

1. mistletoeandhitch May 15, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Essie’s description for Private Weekene fits Ginessa by Zoya, perfectly. Ginessa looks equally lovely with a tan or olive skin tone as it does with my pale, with a pink under tone, skin. Ginessa is one I’m truly gladtohave in my collection….

• Alli May 18, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Ginessa has a bit more frost than I was expecting Private Weekend to have but hey, at least Ginessa has SOMETHING to make it an interesting polish!

2. Lou May 15, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Oh no, how disappointing, I feel your pain as I was hoping this was going to be stunning based on the description

• Alli May 18, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I hate it when I get excited about a nail polish and it just doesn’t pan out 🙁

3. Nurane May 22, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I found that if Private Weekend was diluted with something like 75% clear polish to 25% PW, the shimmer becomes visible, but still very subtle. I suspect that at even higher dilutions, the shimmer would start looking more like the polish in the bottle.

4. kateinlimerick May 30, 2015 at 10:59 am

Hi – I made a slightly revved up version of this using “diamond white” mica powder. The mica gives it a noticeable shimmer while still staying a pretty summer white.

5. Anonymous May 30, 2016 at 10:58 pm

So, I recently found Essie’s Private wkend .. In a clearance bin for $2.99..when I looked at the shimmer in the bottle I thought I instantly won. Till I came home and like you, swashed three coats on. Waiting and waiting for shimmer to magically appear, it never did. Lol grrrrr

• Katie May 31, 2016 at 1:33 pm