OPI - La Boheme Bottle

OPI – La Boheme

OPI - La Boheme BottleOHMYGOSH. La Boheme.  This has been on my wishlist for years. YEARS. I just am not willing to pay 30+ dollars for it on eBay.

Back in the Fall, I was chatting with one of my favorite coworkers and she was reminiscing about all the fabulous nail polish she had that was dried up and unusable. When she mentioned La Boheme, I’m pretty sure I shrieked.  I asked to borrow it and sure enough it was impossibly thick. After a little love and nail polish thinner, I had something I could work with. It’s not perfect, but I am totally okay with that.

La Boheme was originally released in 2003 as a part of the Holiday on Broadway collection. It’s a deep burgundy duochrome with more sparkle than I can ever capture on camera. It’s pretty much the 8th wonder of the world.

Anyway, for me it lives up to all the hype and I’ll be very sad when I have to return it to it’s rightful owner. Beautiful.

Pictures below! While you take a peak, I’d love to know: what’s your ultimate hard to find lemming?

katie signature 2015

OPI - La Boheme

OPI - La Boheme Bottle

OPI - La Boheme

OPI - La Boheme 2

OPI - La Boheme Sun

13 thoughts on “OPI – La Boheme

1. Ari May 4, 2015 at 10:23 am

Oh wow! That’s a beautiful polish!! I had never heard of it, I can see why you love it so much. Thanks for sharing pictures with us!! Maybe your co-worker will be nice and let you keep it!

• Katie May 4, 2015 at 11:59 am

Maybe she’ll forget 🙂

It’s an amazing polish. So much sparkle.

2. Anonymous May 4, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Gorgeous. It really really reminds me of Illamasqua’s “Scarab” which I have and love, but unfortunately Illamasqua is pricey… I’ll probably never by another Illamasqua for that reason, even though it’s a great formula. Maybe someone will come up with a reasonably priced dupe for you!

• Katie May 14, 2015 at 8:02 am

Ohhh! IIllamasqua is a brand I’ve always wanted to try but I haven’t yet. It looks like the base color is pretty similar though. But the impossible to capture sparkle sets La Boheme apart, for me. Ahhhh it is so perfect.

3. Hayley May 4, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Look at you breaking out the Black label OPIs!!!! 🙂 lovely color. Maybe she will gift it to you since you nurtured it back to health!
    PS I need a coworker/ friend so into polish that she has vintage OPIs too!!!

• Katie May 18, 2015 at 7:04 am

I wish I had kept more nail polish from “back in the day.” I wouldn’t have had this one, but it’d be interesting to see what I did have.

Two of the black labels I have are still core: Royal Flush Blush & I’m Really Not a Waitress. I do have Edin-Burgandy though – may need to whip that one out soon 🙂

4. mistletoeandhitch May 5, 2015 at 8:33 am

Would you know if La Boheme has a dupe in Sephora by OPI? I have a bottle of Curve-aceous that I bought while they were of sale at Sephora, before they switched over to the Formula X brand. It looks similair when I compare the polish to my screen but that’s hardly an accurate way to be sure. If
    Curve-aceous is a dupe for La Boheme, you would be welcome to it. I’ll check back soon to see if you think it’s a dupe,

• Katie May 18, 2015 at 7:07 am

I think Curve-aceous is a bit lighter and more red than La Boheme – the color is so pretty though! You’ve reminded me I still have some SOPI’s to try 🙂 Oops!

5. Lacky Corner May 6, 2015 at 3:45 am

I understand why you needed this! It looks amazing!

6. Tiffany M May 6, 2015 at 12:09 pm

My god, that’s lovely! You are so lucky to have gotten ahold of it!

• Katie May 18, 2015 at 7:08 am

That’s exactly how I feel!

7. Christine Chipman May 10, 2015 at 4:52 am

This is sooooo gorgeous. I hope I can find it here in Hobart, Tasmania.

• Katie May 14, 2015 at 7:59 am

I wish you the best of luck!