My favorite thing about a new season is new nail polish. My favorite Spring collection (so far…) is the essie Flowerista collection. But, the OPI Hawaii and deborah lippmann Whisper collections also have some beautiful spring polish options.
Under the jump the 5 must have polish colors for spring and my favorite polishes for each color.
1. Nude: At this point nude is a full blown trend. Nude nails are EVERYWHERE. The key to rocking this trend is finding the perfect nude creme for your skintone. For me, it’s essie Topless & Barefoot. If you have a warmer skintone check out OPI Do You Take Lei Away? from the Hawaii collection.
2. Mint: For awhile mint was all the rage but it fell out of favor for a few seasons. This spring mint is back in a big way. My personal (new) favorite is essie Blossom Dandy; it’s a blue leaning mint and is absolutely gorgeous. OPI has a new mint polish out that’s a bit more green (That’s Hula-rious). And of course, there are always old favorites like essie Mint Candy Apple and wet n wild mega last I Need a Refresh-mint.
3. Lavender Herb: Or just lavender. But I like calling it lavender herb because I’m in the midst of planning my herb garden. But anyway. Blue based, medium purples are a fun trend for spring as it brings some bold color to an otherwise neutral/light palette. OPI Do You Lilac It? is a classic lavender but if you’re wanting something new check out essie Suite Retreat.
4. Aqua: When Barielle released their Gentle Breeze collection I immediately fell in love with Heaven Sent. I’m so glad aqua is a big trend for spring; gives me even more of an excuse to wear it! If you want a super bright aqua check out Essie I’m Addicted. If you want something a little more subtle OPI Can’t Find My Czechbook; it has a lovely dusty quality to it.
5. Sheer: No, this is not a color but it is definitely a trend. One that I’ve had a bit of a hard time getting on board with. But, I’m trying! The idea of sheer polish is that is looks lighter on the nail. The great thing about sheer polishes being a trend is there are some color to choose from. I’m really loving deborah lippmann Misty Morning. A gray is absolutely lovely as a sheer. For a more classic sheer look essie Room With a View is a favorite.