OPI - I Vant to be a-lone star

OPI – I Vant To Be A-lone Star

OPI - I Vant to be a-lone starCan you believe that it has been four years since the release of OPI’s Texas Collection? All the hype and discussion about the revolutionary sorbet finish.. Like most things, this collection didn’t interest me at first. But slowly I caved and picked up several polishes. This one however, was an impulse buy much later – it was on clearance at Ulta and I couldn’t resist.

I think I’d probably worn this polish once or twice before it ended up being the perfect base for my snow day mani. I Vant To Be A-Lone Star is just the lightest blue-grey packed with silver shimmer. I love the shimmer.

The application was really nice – very much what I expect from OPI. I used two coats. While the first coat was relatively streaky, the second left me with a lovely opaque finish.

This polish is long discontinued but I did find it on Amazon for 5.90 and on eBay in the $6-$8 dollar range.

katie signature 2015

OPI - I Vant to be a Lone Star

OPI - I Vant To Be A-Lone Star

OPI - I Vant To Be A-Lone Star

13 thoughts on “OPI – I Vant To Be A-lone Star

1. Lorraine March 9, 2015 at 10:19 am

oh, why is this still in my untrieds? such a beauty and I just love that collection. could be biased since it is my home state, but still!

• Katie March 9, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Time to get it out! I’m feeling major polish guilt over letting it sit for so long.

2. Lara Leaf March 9, 2015 at 12:35 pm

While I like to see what is coming out, it is great to see older polishes!

• Katie March 9, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Always fun to take a trip down nail polish memory lane 🙂

3. Tanguera March 9, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Have you ever re-gifted a polish because you kinda didn’t like it on yourself, only to then kinda regret giving it away? That’s my history with Lone Star. It did not do my skin tone any favors, but what a unique and gorgeous shade, and what a cute name!

• Katie March 9, 2015 at 2:34 pm

YES. YES. YES.

It’s okay though, there will be one that will do your skin tone favors 🙂 There is probably something similar already… do you have China Glaze Sea Spray? It’s not as light, and the shimmer isn’t as strong, but it’s the same idea.

• tanguera March 9, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Considered CG Sea Spray a million times, LOL, but never actually got it. Went for NARS Galathee instead, which I love, but it’s a straight creme, no shimmer. May have to revisit Sea Spray (again).

• Katie March 9, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Sea Spray was actually what I had in mind – it’s a little bit darker than Lone Star – but just a tiny bit. I did a post on SS in 2011 and it’s so embarrassing – I need to reswatch.

4. Alyssa Moon Dyke March 10, 2015 at 12:13 am

I love this polish when I have the time to fuss over it. If it wasn’t such a lovely shade, its cantankerous application would have been the end of it for me long ago! Thanks for sharing this one. A lot of bloggers dissed it because it’s so finicky, but I think it’s worth it.

• Katie March 12, 2015 at 7:06 am

Really? I guess I got lucky – the formula was perfect for me.

Maybe it’s gotten better with age 🙂

5. Anonymous March 10, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Oh yeah, now I remember that I found it very finicky too. I pass so many finicky polishes on to my daughter that she must by now despise painting her nails, LOL.

• Katie March 12, 2015 at 7:06 am

Hahaha. Finicky nail polish is character building.

• tanguera March 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm