funky fingers - elsa

Funky Fingers – Elsa

Funky Fingers - Elsa BottleGood morning, good morning! It’s pretty likely that as you’re reading this, I’m still in my pajamas, drinking coffee, and enjoying my second snow day in a row. Lovelovelove. To celebrate, I decided a snowy mani was in order and I’d just bought the perfect polish… for Alli. See, I picked up Elsa at Five Below a few weekends ago because it looked like the perfect UNC glitter. I didn’t notice the little snowflake glitter, but more on that below. I figured she wouldn’t mind too much (since she didn’t know about it) if I went ahead and tried it out – Surprise, Alli!

Elsa is from the Frostbitten Collection – a trio of Frozen themed polishes that also includes Anna and Olaf. Honestly, if I’d picked up Anna or Olaf I wouldn’t have made the Frozen collection connection – I haven’t seen Frozen, I know everyone is/was obsessed – I just…. haven’t seen it. But I haven’t been living under a rock for the past few years so, Elsa = Frozen. I get it. Is the Frozen obsession still a thing? I don’t even know.

I started off with my mani with OPI I Vant to be A-Lone Star. Elsa is actually a pretty magnificent polish: three sizes of matte white glitter, sky blue glitter, and matte white snowflakes in a clear base. Neat! The white glitter distributes it self really well, the blue glitter requires some slight dabbing or toothpicking. The snowflake though? Well, I used 2 coats for my swatches and the snowflake you see is the only one I saw – which is fine with me, I think it makes the polish MUCH more versatile. The snowflakes are there, and there are plenty of them but if you were hoping for a snowflake glitter fest on your nails, be prepared to dig around.

You can buy Funky Fingers nail polish at Five Below –  are $2 each or 3 polishes for $5. While these polishes have been around for a few months, my Five Below had more than plenty so I imagine they’ll be available for quite a while.

Swatches below & keep your fingers crossed for a third Snow Day tomorrow!

katie signature 2015

Funky Fingers - Elsa

funky fingers - elsa

funky fingers - elsa

18 thoughts on “Funky Fingers – Elsa

1. Wildflower_eyes February 18, 2015 at 9:27 am

Fingers crossed for you! This is so perfect…love the pale grey-blues! Very pretty.

There are no 5 Belows out here. :-/ I went in one I happened upon when traveling but sadly I walked out empty handed. They only had neons, in November. SMH. Hoping I get some Funky Fingers someday, I know they have really cute polishes!

• Katie February 18, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Keep those fingers crossed – right now I have to go in two hours late (with no students). Lame.

If you decide you want some FF let me know, I can grab some. They had some super cute neon glitters, too. I sent one to Paris and maybe two to Alli. I think..

2. Tanguera February 18, 2015 at 1:44 pm

So so pretty… without the silly snowflakes. Personally I think the addition of the snowflakes takes it from lovely to tweeny, but that’s just me.

• Katie February 18, 2015 at 3:52 pm

I completely agree – I felt I had to dig around to find one – but I’m glad they all seem to be nice and settled at the bottom 🙂

3. Claire February 18, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Ooh, this is a good UNC glitter! Don’t worry about missing out on Frozen. IMO it’s overhyped. Now, Big Hero 6….that was an amazing Disney movie 🙂

• Katie February 18, 2015 at 8:31 pm

You make me feel better 🙂

Now… this Big Hero 6… does that mean there are 5 previous related films? I’m an old school Disney fan but haven’t kept up with their newer ventures (obviously).

• Claire February 18, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Awww, happy to hear that! Nope, Big Hero 6 was based on a Marvel comic. It’s a superhero movie with lots of heart and an adorable robot named Baymax who steals every scene. I’d recommend it if you like Disney classics!

• Katie February 19, 2015 at 9:55 am

Well, you can’t go wrong with an adorable robot!

4. Nat February 18, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Meh… Another venue that teaches little girls that you have to get seriously sexy to be happy…Elsa looked better in the movie’s first bit, before the Gaga makeup and the thigh high split skirt. You didn’t miss anything unless you wanted to witness a merchandising tour de force.

Ranting aside, the mani is really pretty, though I agree the snowflakes are kind of overkill. Stay warm!

• Katie February 20, 2015 at 1:17 pm

I’ll stick with Cinderella and The Little Mermaid… wait.. Beauty… Happy… oh goodness. Disney… //jaded.

5. Magda February 19, 2015 at 9:09 am

Lovely colour combination. I like the snowflakes, but they look too big for many nails…

• Katie February 19, 2015 at 9:53 am

They’re no bigger than the flowers in Party Bus.

• Magda February 19, 2015 at 3:19 pm

But they are pointy.

• Katie February 20, 2015 at 1:15 pm

That’s kind of how snowflakes work.

6. LostInPolish February 19, 2015 at 9:55 am

I’m trying not to let myself love this mani. But it isn’t working. It’s so pretty! Too bad I don’t live around a 5 Below. I think I’m with the others. The man and I watched Frozen over the holidays. We were not impressed. Unfortunate too as I can’t get him to watch many. So I wasted a coupon for nothing. 🙂 Rats!!

• Katie February 20, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Just give in and love it 🙂

Sometimes I think it’d be better if I didn’t live near 5 Below – but I don’t go there all that often. Usually on a whim. It’s in the same shopping center as Trader Joe’s and ULTA. It’s actually surprising I don’t go in weekly… bi weekly… daily?