Essie Coat Couture COVER

Essie Coat Couture

Essie Coat Couture COVERBecause I have essie Belugaria PTSD when essie ventures into different polish finishes I get a little terrified. None the less I was excited about the 2015 Cashmere collection simply because it’s something different from essie.

Coat Couture was the one polish from this collection I knew I had to have. Essie describes Coat Couture as a sultry satin griege beneath deep purple shimmer. Um, yes.

While I agree with essie on the griege part of that description I have to disagree on the description of the shimmer.

Coat Couture is a satin finish griege with aqua shimmer. I have to look real hard to see any of the purple shimmer but I suppose it is there. Either way, Coat Couture is straight up gorgeous and entirely unique in my collection.

The formula is fantastic and easy to work with as it doesn’t dry too quickly. I used two coats in my swatches.

I did include a swatch with a top coat (I used Barielle No Chip Speed Dry) but I much prefer this polish without a top coat. Coat Couture doesn’t need a top coat for the shimmer to really come alive; especially in the sun! Plus, a top coat takes away the gorgeous finish.

And on a total side note, thank you essie for labeling the bottle ‘cashmere matte’.

The Cashmere collection can be found at Ulta.

Make sure to check out the swatches under the jump!

Essie Coat Couture Essie Coat Couture swatch Essie Coat Couture label Essie Coat Couture sun Essie Coat Couture top coat

16 thoughts on “Essie Coat Couture

1. Lorraine February 4, 2015 at 9:47 am

thanks for the gorgeous swatches! Love how this one is a chameleon, and seems to change in different lighting. I fell in love with Just Stitched, the pink one. Used it yesterday and had a hard time with application. I was frustrated and just walked away to let it dry. to my surprise the self level happened during the drying process. These matte formulas take some getting used to. But I love the result! I will likely go back for Coat Couture, that was my other fave from this collection. Looks great on you!!

• Alli February 4, 2015 at 4:20 pm

These Cashmere Matte polishes are definitely not your normal, super quick drying matte formulas. And I think because of that they look nicer on the nail.

2. Ariadna February 4, 2015 at 10:52 am

Ugh, I love this polish!! And I don’t even have it! The pictures look amazing! And I’ve also seen pictures of the other one and I love the pink one as well. Too bad my Target ran out of it, I should’ve picked it up when I first saw it.

• Alli February 4, 2015 at 4:21 pm

This entire collection is just lovely.

3. Urby February 4, 2015 at 1:18 pm

This color is amazing. On the wish list, for sure.

• Alli February 4, 2015 at 4:22 pm

It so, so pretty. You’ll love it even more in person!

4. Leah February 4, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Gorgeous color! My local Harmon was out so picked up Spun in Luxe. Curious how it wears without top coat and wonder how a matte top would do.

• Alli February 4, 2015 at 4:23 pm

The wear isn’t great much like other matte polishes. But the quick application makes up for that 🙂

5. Nat February 4, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Pretty color, the kind of thing I would wear right after the holidays, to get over the red and green overload. I’m dealing with a massive case of cabin fever at this time of year, so I’m getting into brighter colors…

And I’m still not over the Belugaria bashing… PTSD, ha! They should make this kind of thing an annual release, to get over the winter blahs! How about it Essie? Spaghetti and meatballs? Bubble wrap? Suction cups? Scrambled eggs? Come on Essie, I’m laughing WITH you!

OK just the cabin fever talking, I’ll be quiet now. :))

• Arathael February 4, 2015 at 9:18 pm

• Alli February 5, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I will never get over Belugaria. NEVER. I wish essie would explain themselves or something. Give me some closure to that entire situation!

6. Arathael February 4, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I am not a big Essie fan, but for some reason I paid full retail in a store for this one and Cozy in Cashmere. I wore this one that night. Didn’t notice any purple shimmer except in your bottle shot above. All I saw was a plummy grieve with Aqua shimmer. I liked it.

• Alli February 5, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Yeah….I’m not sure where essie got the purple shimmer description from. The aqua shimmer is super gorgeous!

7. Tanguera February 5, 2015 at 1:37 am

Not sure I love it enough to buy it but I must say that aqua shimmer in a plum tinged greige seems really unique!

• Alli February 5, 2015 at 3:48 pm

It’s so pretty. I’m obsessed.