Zoya - Dovima

Zoya – Dovima

Zoya - Dovima BottleAfter a week+ of some sort of strep throat/flu combo and a week back at work, I’m about two weeks behind with the whole new years resolution thing. Actually, I kind of hate the whole resolution thing, it stresses me out. Seeing as leaving the house with one hand painted has become a regular occurrence lately, I figure a good place to start would be to have all of my nails painted… all the time. That of course meant acquiring some new matte polishes to make my goal a little easier.

The Matte Velvets have come and go for a few years now, and Zoya rereleased them all as a limited edition collection for Fall/Winter 2014.  I decided to order Dovima and Posh. Red & black are matte must haves. Dovima is described as a smoky charcoal-black with strong silver shimmer. Oh I love that alliteration, Zoya! While I really like flat matte polishes, I love mattes with shimmer. Dovima is really just.. perfect. Application was great; I used two coats.

Zoya is currently having an AMAZING promo: New Year New Hue. Order 3 polishes and only pay a $15 shipping fee. Pretty great deal all on it’s own – but it gets better… You’ll also get 3 brand new mini sized mystery shades. 6 polishes. $15. The code is NYNH. The New Year New Hue promo ends 1/14/15 at 11:59 EST.

I’m trying to narrow down my 3 polishes right now… what are your favorite Zoya polishes? Help me choose!

katie signature 2015

zoya - dovima

zoya - dovima

zoya - dovima + top coat

21 thoughts on “Zoya – Dovima

1. Ariadna January 12, 2015 at 9:56 am

Ooh that’s a pretty color!! I ordered some polishes this weekend too!! I got Sansa, Wendy and Audrina. It’s SO hard to choose!!! Every color I liked on the website I had to go look up swatches for just to make sure I liked them. I think I put another 6 or 7 colors on my wishlist for future sales. 🙂

• Katie January 12, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I’ve had my eye on Sansa for a while…. I’m just not sure how much I’d wear it – but it’s just GORGEOUS and I loved Autumn & Yuna…. Wendy is lovely too though.

Oh this is about to go from help me come up with 3 to help me narrow it down to three..

2. Anonymous January 12, 2015 at 10:03 am

I took advantage of their sale, but now I wish I’d ordered Dovima!
    Just curious, what base and topcoat do you use with Zoya polishes? Thanks!

• Katie January 16, 2015 at 7:50 am

I switch base coats fairly often – but for a top coat I have to step away from my beloved Seche Vite. I’ve had good luck with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.

3. Cookie January 12, 2015 at 10:06 am

I’ve never cared for matte polish. I like my nails shiny! But admittedly, I’ve never tried one. Get ready… Lotus is one of my all-time favorite polishes, ever! It’s a dusty amethyst w pink shimmer, get it. Aurora – reddish purple sparkly goodness. Yasmeen is very close to Nars Purple Rain. Reagan – berry pink creme, perfect for summer to fall. Also, can’t go wrong with Storm – black w holo glitter. On my list to get is:
    Odette – dusty purple creme
    Dream – deep blue w holo glitter
    Taylor – nude creme (still looking for my perfect nude) and a large bottle of remove. It’s the only one that doesn’t make my nails peel.

• Katie January 16, 2015 at 7:52 am

You love your purples! That’s awesome. I wish I wore purple more often. I’ve had my eye on Storm for a while now 🙂 Lotus is gorgeous, I hadn’t given it a second glance until you mentioned it….

4. AngieSue January 12, 2015 at 10:48 am

I ordered Ibiza, Robyn and Maura. From their last promo, I received Alix in a mini. While it’s messy to remove, the formula and color are superb! I also like Binx,Envy and the holographic (Dream and Aurora are the bomb!)polishes.

5. TropicalChrome January 12, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I ordered Tao, Remy, and Dannii….and I have a list for everything else I wanted :).

I just looked at how many Zoyas I already have and *gulp* I guess I like them a lot.

My favorites include:

Blair – about the perfect blackened red IMNSHO. It changed my mind about red nail polish.

Charla – yes, everyone’s done it and everyone has at least one but I still think it’s the best.

Carter – I don’t like texture, but with a top coat, OMG. Just OMG.

Belinda – Overlooked from the 2013 Christmas collection, it glows. Just glows.

I have accepted the fact that eventually I am going to own every purple nail polish they made :).

• Katie January 12, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Charla is gorgeous. I have the essence version. It’s just… wow. Everyone needs this shade in their collection.

Blair is a polish I could really fall in love with. It’s just made it to the maybe list 🙂

6. linda lucas January 12, 2015 at 5:34 pm

hope you feel better!

• Katie January 12, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Thank you, Linda!

7. Cindi January 12, 2015 at 7:37 pm

I chose Posh too, along with Loredana, Cynthia, Yuna, Prim, and Odette. I am curious to see what the 3 mystery shades are.

• Katie January 12, 2015 at 7:49 pm

The 3 mystery shades are the tipping point or me. I could (stupidly) pass on the amazing deal but mystery minis! MUST HAVE.

8. Julia January 12, 2015 at 11:40 pm

I personally love the entire Ignite collection from this fall. Remy and Yuna are two of my favorite nail polish shades of all time. I also love Aurora, Kristen,Tallulah, and Logan. After hours of deliberation, I decided to get Harley, Jo, and Blaze. I almost got Lotus and now I wish I had!

• Katie January 16, 2015 at 7:54 am

I looooved the two polishes I tried from Ignite: Autumn & Yuna. The two I kept thinking back on were Sansa & Remy.

9. mellificentm January 13, 2015 at 2:09 am

I had most of the mattes already but I didn’t have Harlow, the bright pink one, so I ordered that plus India, from the ignites, and Neeka, a grayed-out purple which I found on my wishlist and had forgotten about.

• Katie January 16, 2015 at 7:55 am

I like your choices 🙂

10. Claire January 13, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I went for 3 Pixies because they’re so unique (and getting discontinued): Destiny, Chita, and Nyx–thanks to your swatch! Good luck choosing! 🙂

• Katie January 15, 2015 at 6:22 pm

I’m really sad about the pixies. Nyx is my favorite though! Good choice!

I also managed to miss the deadline…. I can’t even believe it. One of the best Zoya deals ever…

11. Abigail January 17, 2015 at 11:39 pm

I ended up ordering 6 polishes, since shipping becomes free if you order $25, so I actually got the 6 polishes and mini trio for just $28!

I don’t own any Zoya polishes, so to start my collection I ordered Trixie, Veruschka, Glimmer, Nyx, Aubrey, & Harley. I hope the minis are amazing!