Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low COVER

Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low (+ dupes!)

Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low COVEREssie’s winter 2014 collection is all about celebrating the holidays. For the most part I found the polishes in this collection to be a bit generic. But the namesake polish, Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low, caught my eye.

Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low is a metallic platinum with gold glitter. This polish is GORGEOUS and great for this time of year; metallics are neutrals after all! This polish goes with everything.

The formula is fantastic. I used just 2 coats in my swatches.

The only problem….I have not 1, but 2 polishes already in my collection that are an exact dupe of Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low.

Last fall China Glaze released Gossip Over Gimlets; a polish I also fell hard for. It is a dead on dupe of Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low. Even before China Glaze released Gossip Over Gimlets wet n wild released their Fergie nail color line. Going Platinum from that line is a dead on dupe as well.

So, if you have either Gossip Over Gimlets or Going Platinum in your collection definitely pass on Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low. If not, Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low is available at Ulta as well as on Amazon. Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low is included in the mini set for this collection which can also be found at Ulta or Amazon.

Below the jump you will find swatches of Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low as well as comparisons to Gossip Over Gimlets and Going Platinum.

Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low swatch Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low label Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low dupes

8 thoughts on “Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low (+ dupes!)

1. tanguera October 28, 2014 at 8:40 pm

LUV a neutral shimmer, because it goes with everything! And this one’s metallic-ness gives it extra edge and glam. Reminds me of Mineral Fusion’s “Nickel and Dime” which I just picked up on sale. Nice one!

• Alli October 30, 2014 at 10:38 am

I love colors like this for exactly that reason. No matter what I’m wearing or what I’m doing this polish will work!

2. Lost In Polish October 30, 2014 at 10:19 am

I really enjoy that you ladies look out for the dupes. I seem to get stuck with polishes that are super close to being twins. There are times when I don’t mind, if I really like a polish it becomes a back up. Mostly though I say bad words and ask myself how did this happen? However now that my collection is getting so big. It’s really hard to remember what is what. I know that most people have a spreadsheet which I have yet to do. Is it possible that you could give a tutorial on how you do your list. Or give some tips on the process. 🙂 Thank you early in case you do this.

• Alli October 30, 2014 at 10:43 am

The worst is when I get REALLY excited about a polish just to find out I already own a dupe. It’s such a let down!

I’ve started and quit my nail polish spreadsheet so many times. I honestly don’t find that it’s very helpful to keep since my collection changes so often (I’m constantly getting new polish and purging old polish I don’t use). While my spreadsheet hasn’t been updated in a long time I do find this was the best way to organize one:

• tanguera October 30, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Personally, I do not use any system to keep track of my polishes, because I don’t find the need. My collection is small by many standards… I have “only” about 80 or so polishes (which fit perfectly in one of my bathroom drawers!), because I don’t have a “she who dies with the most polishes wins” mentality about my collection… I’m not interested in amassing a huge number of polishes… I’m more about having a mindfully “curated” collection that expresses my style and shade preferences. If I don’t absolutely love everything about a polish, I gift it away. To avoid dupes, I simply have a look closely at my collection before buying any new polish, to see if I might already have something super close. I also own two very sheer micro-simmer topcoats (one in silver and one in gold), which allows me to dupe so many shimmer polishes out there, simply by using a cream polish I already have, and then adding a topcoat. This is not an exact answer to your question, but I hope it’s some food for thought!

3. Tanyatopia November 1, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I really love Going Platinum and regret missing Gossip Over Gimlets so I grabbed Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low. Always good to have backups!