The fall nail polish collections this year are gorgeous and I’m looking forward to rocking some darker polishes now that the weather is finally getting cooler.
Under the jump you will find my 5 favorite fall nail polish trends and polish recommendations for each of them!
Make sure to leave a comment with your 5 must have polishes for fall 2014.
1. Cypress: Pantone is calling this color a majestic and powerful green. I’m not so sure about that but I’m all about calling my nail polish majestic! The season’s greens are different from last fall’s olive green trend as they are a bit more feminine. My favorite from this color range is Essie Fall In Line. A good drugstore option is SinfulColors Leap Flog. If you already have Essie Sew Psyched in your collection it is a slightly lighter version of Fall In Line.
2. Aluminum: While gray was a popular color last fall I’ve really only gotten into gray polishes recently. Barielle My City Apartment sold me on lighter gray polishes. If you want a true aluminum look deborah lippmann Take the “A” Train is gorgeous. I’m also really loving darker grays such as PISTOL polish Lock and Load as well.
3. Royal Blue: Finally some color! Many of the polishes for this season are muted so I love that this shade of blue is so popular. It adds a nice pop of color to an otherwise neutral palette. This is one of my favorite nail polish colors so I have a ton of fabulous ones in my collection. My most recent discovery is Milani Blue Zoom though Barielle Blue Capri is probably my favorite. NYC Ocean Blue is also a great option.
4. Brown: Ok, I know brown sounds like a terrible color trend. But I promise it’s not! I love a brown manicure. It’s dark and slightly edgy yet chic and not as predictable and black or dark purple. Many brands are including a brown in their fall collections. Some of my favorites are OPI How Great Is Your Dane? and Essie Partner in Crime. Color Club Fondue for Two is another great brown polish.
5. Silver holographic glitter: Technically not a color but definitely a huge trend in the nail polish world for this fall. Some brands are doing glitter toppers (like OPI My Voice is a Little Norse) while others are doing full blown glitter polishes (like Orly Mirrorball). I also love POP Beauty Steel Glitz which can be used alone or as a glitter top coat.