Zoya Magical Pixie Dust Bar

Zoya- Bar

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust BarHappy Labor Day! I was wandering around Ulta Saturday (shocking), looking for a back to school treat for myself and I kept looking at Zoya’s Summer 2014 Magical PixieDust display.  I went back and forth between Bar and Ginni. Bar appealed to my love of the beach – it instantly reminded me of impossibly sparkly sand. I figured, what better way to send off summer in style than with a beautiful & sparkly summer polish?

I’ve tried and loved Zoya’s PixieDust polishes; NYX is THE polish that completely changed my attitude about textured polish. Bar is my first Magical PixieDust – it’s a warm nude polish with a sprinkling of holographic dust and large glitter. The effect is breathtaking.

A glittery nude topaz
A glittery nude topaz

Application was  typical for a textured polish.: It’s best to build up your look using several thin coats. I used 3 coats for Bar and I’m really happy with the finished look. It dried to a matte finish quite quickly. I really love contrast of the matte texture with the pops of holographic glitter. Bar is the most textured polish I’ve come across. If you’re on the fence already about textured polishes, this may not be the line for you. Lucky for me, I don’t mind at all!

Zoya’s Magical PixieDust polishes retail for $10. You can also pick up the Summer Trio for $30 over on ZOYA.com.

Make sure to take a peak below & enjoy your Labor Day!

Katie Signature Purple

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust Bar

Zoya Magical PixieDust Bar

Zoya - Bar

Zoya - Bar

9 thoughts on “Zoya- Bar

1. Magda September 1, 2014 at 10:05 am

Beautiful shade and glitter effects – pity about the texture, I would have to apply a whole bottle of top coat over it. 🙂

• Katie September 2, 2014 at 7:44 am

🙂 Next time I wear it I’m going to see how much Seche Vite it takes to make it smooth. Ah it’s so pretty!

• Magda September 3, 2014 at 3:48 am

Don’t waste you Sèche – you have a beautiful greige waiting. 😉

2. Kirsti Short September 8, 2014 at 10:37 pm

I love this! But it really doesn’t feel super textured in my opinion . I love textured polishes tho. I’m so lucky I follow you ladies, otherwise this beauty never would’ve made it to my collection!

• Katie September 10, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I think it was the glitter bits that made it feel so textured to me – either way, I love it 🙂

I’m glad you’ve added Bar to your collection! Do you have any other Magical Pixies?

• Kirsti Short September 13, 2014 at 6:11 pm

I don’t have any others but I’ll definitely be getting some now! I have the 2 Essie textured ones and a few OPI ones as well. They’re my favorite polishes by far!

• Kirsti Short September 13, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Oh and it took me 2 coats of Essie’s Good To Go to make this smooth and super shiny!

• Katie September 15, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Ohhhh tempting! I may have to try that… now!

3. Pingback: Zoya – Autumn