Essie - Dress to Kilt

Essie – Dress to Kilt

Essie - Dress to KiltToday is a great day. I saw the elusive neighborhood squirrel this morning and I also found my perfect autumn red for 2014. Between the cherry shades of summer and the vampy shades of winter, this Essie reminds me of fall sunsets, apples, crunchy leaves, and pumpkin…everything.

Dress to Kilt, the namesake polish of their stunning Fall Collection for 2014, has me swooning. I know, I know – it’s “just” a red. But it’s a lovely one. It’s perfect in two coats, and a third darkens it up just a bit to match the bottle color. It dries to a beautiful & shiny jelly finish.

We’ve reviewed a handful of the Dress to Kilt Collection – make sure to take a look: Take it Outside, Fall in Line, and Style Cartel. Stay tuned for reviews of Partner in Crime and The Perfect Cover Up.

The Dressed to Kilt collection is currently available at Ulta as well as on Amazon and my current favorite retailer: Zappos. The Fall 2014 Mini Cube retails for $17 and includes Dress to Kilt, Take it Outside, Style Cartel,and Partner in Crime.
Katie Signature Purple

essie - dress to kilt

essie - dress to kilt 3

11 thoughts on “Essie – Dress to Kilt

1. Lorraine August 28, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Yay! I was waiting for some love for the namesake of this polish collection. It is not just another red, I heartily agree. There is a little touch of brown or grey in there, that makes it really unique…can’t put my finger on it but it is like you said, this one screams fall and isn’t really like all the other OPI and Essie reds in my stash. Need this and Partner in Crime, as well. Already caved to Style Cartel. Essie’s fall collections are really polish wardrobe staples- maybe not so flashy or trendy finish but just right go-tos you’ll be glad you have in your stash. fantastic swatch, as always!

• Katie September 1, 2014 at 9:37 am

Thank you! They really are – they’re always sophisticated and classy – even the “non traditional colors.” I look forward to their Fall releases more than any other collection. I also LOVE the name. I keep wanting to call it Dressed to Kilt..

2. Tanguera August 28, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Sophisticated and versatile! Straddles the line between a classic red and the deep vampy variety. Like!

• Katie September 1, 2014 at 9:36 am

I completely agree! I think that’s why I love it so much.

3. tracy September 3, 2014 at 8:54 pm

This looks so similar to fishnet stockings in the bottle! Is this one worth getting if you’ve already got fishnet stockings?

• Katie September 4, 2014 at 11:12 am

I don’t have both, so I can’t compare – but… I don’t think so. Stick with Fishnet Stockings and save for a more unique polish 🙂

• Anonymous September 4, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Thanks so much!! ☺

• Tracy September 4, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Thanks so much!!

4. Kirsti Short September 7, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I own fishnet stocking so when I went in to buy this one I swatched them on my nail side by side, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever. I was extremely disappointed. I thought dressed to kilt would be a deeper shade. But at least I didn’t waste my money buying the exact same shade I already have.

• Katie September 7, 2014 at 6:58 pm

That’s what I thought — Thank you for checking & sharing!

I’m sorry it wasn’t what you were hoping for.

• Kirsti Short September 7, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I just ended up going home and painting them Fishnet Stockings and I feel better now! Hahaha