Capri, Italy is by far the most gorgeous place I have ever been. Everything about the island is beautiful including the architecture. The structures are, for the most part, white with pops of blue. Whether it be the roof, the doors, window seals, railings etc. After I went there I realized where Capri Blue, a color you often see in paint, came from.
When I saw Barielle had a polish called Blue Capri I had to have it. I’ve always wanted the perfect Capri Blue polish and I’m happy to report this is it.
Blue Capri is a cobalt blue creme. I love blues like this because they work year around and are a great option for blue nails that aren’t almost black.
The formula of this polish is fantastic. I used just two coats in my swatches and, as with all Barielle polishes, Blue Capri is 5-free. I topped it with Barielle No Chip Speed Dry top coat.
After I used this polish the first time I was so happy with the result. The color was perfect. The finish was perfect. I loved it so much, in fact, I used it not only in my DIY Home Manicure post but for my next pedicure. This is when I realized Blue Capri is a polish that changes colors when you add a top coat. I tried several different top coats and yielded the same result. Fortunately, I much prefer Blue Capri with a top coat. The color becomes richer and more vibrant.
Below the jump there are swatches of Blue Capri as well as a photo of a side by side comparison of this polish with and without a top coat.
And because I love this polish so much I wanted to give away a bottle to one of you guys. Leave a comment telling me the location of your dream vacation (mine is Russia…yes, Russia) and follow the directions under the jump to enter to win a bottle!
The product(s) used in this post were provided to TDV for review. For more information check out our disclosure policy.
Giveaway details and rules:
- The giveaway begins 8/8/14 and ends 8/21/14 at 8:00pm EDT.
- This is an international giveaway. No matter where you live if you win I will ship it to you!
- You must follow The Daily Varnish (via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email etc).
- If you are under 18 please make sure to get your parents permission before entering!
- The winner will be chosen via random.org and notified by email.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me where you would go on your dream vacation.
- Fill out link removed Google Form to complete your entry!