Wet n Wild 2% Milk.

wet n wild megalast – 2% Milk

Wet n Wild 2% Milk.I have never, ever, been interested in sheer polishes. I can appreciate their place in the nail polish world, but I abhor visible nail lines. I do. I picked up 2% Milk for the sole purpose of creating some glitter jelly sandwiches. I never got around to doing any and I’d actually forgotten I owned this polish until a few days ago when I picked up my one and only Lynderella: Love, Lace, and Lilacs. I looked at some swatches and decided I wanted to do it over a nude polish, but none of my nude polishes seemed to fit the bill. I think I was channeling my Nana.

I decided to give Wet n Wild’s 2% Milk a shot. To my complete surprise I kind of fell in love with it all on its own – visible nail lines and all! I used three coats to get a look I liked. I think the finished look is very classy and ladylike. It would make a great work appropriate or interview polish as well! What I liked most is that each coat looked really nice all on its own – there was no streaking at all.

2% Milk is often compared to Sugar Coat, also from the megalast line. While I don’t have both, the biggest difference would be that Sugar Coat builds to opacity a bit quicker and it is more suited to cooler skin tones. 2% Milk is more of a nude beige and suited best for warmer skin tones.

Make sure to check out the pictures below! I’ve included swatches with Love, Lace, & Lilacs layered over 2% Milk – I love, love, love this look! If you love it too, you can pick up 2% Milk at Walgreen’s for under $2!

Natural Light:

Wet n Wild megalast - 2% milk

Wet n Wild - 2% Milk

WnW - 2Milk

Wet n Wild 2% Milk

Wet n Wild 2% Milk

With Two Coats of Lynderella’s Love, Lace, and Lilacs:

Wet n Wild 2% + Lynderella Love, Lace, & Lilacs

Wet n Wild 2% Milk + Lynderella Love, Lace, Lilacs

26 thoughts on “wet n wild megalast – 2% Milk

1. Gretchen B June 29, 2014 at 12:50 pm

This is one of the polishes I thought about getting as I’m starting a new job where I can’t wear anything fun. Now I’m sure I’m getting it

• Katie June 29, 2014 at 8:19 pm

It would be perfect for work! Please tell me you can at least wear pink..

2. Cookie June 29, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I don’t have many nude sheers, if any. (Need to check on that,) I’m cooler; will definitely will pick up Sugar Coat. This looks very pretty — almost like a layer of lace on your nails. Wouldn’t it be perfect for a wedding?? BTW, I just love the word ladylike! My Nana used it all the time and now so do I.

• Katie June 29, 2014 at 8:16 pm

For years my Nana has always told me to “Be a Lady!” I love her. I think this would be really gorgeous for a wedding – and I agree, it does look like a layer of lace!

3. Magda June 29, 2014 at 1:35 pm

This is soooooo pretty, Katie… Now you have the perfect lace mani for your wedding…! 😉

Ok, no kidding now, it’s lovely. I like sheer polishes, preferably light, and really don’t see a problem with VNL. If anything, sheer polishes give me a French mani (of sorts) without the hassle…

• Katie June 29, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I don’t know why, but I usually really hate VNLs. This though… ahhh 🙂

4. Lou June 29, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Goodness, that is rather lovely isn’t it? And lets be honest, who doesn’t love a megalast?

• Katie June 29, 2014 at 8:09 pm

So lovely! I’m not 100% sure but I think this is the first megalast I’ve used – though I own several and could be wrong… 🙂

5. Cindi June 29, 2014 at 4:40 pm

This is one of my favorite neutral polishes. I love the brush on these and you can’t beat the price at less than $2.

• Katie June 29, 2014 at 8:15 pm

I love the brush! I forgot to mention that above! Great polish for the price for sure.

6. Nat June 29, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Love, lace and lilacs reminds me of Opi’s Pirouette my whistle. I could get a similar look if I can find 2%! I’m with you, I love this look.

• Katie June 29, 2014 at 8:14 pm

I haven’t checked in store lately – but you should be able to get it at Walgreens. Now I may need to pick up Pirouette my Whistle 🙂 Ahhh. It never ends! 🙂

• Magda June 30, 2014 at 4:22 am

There are two “versions” of PMW – the first one, the original so to speak, is whitish, subdued – the second (more recent) leans to grey, and is much more glittery and “bling-bling”. I believe OPI is making PMW part of their permanent collection.

• Katie June 30, 2014 at 10:02 am

Interesting! Which one, in your opinion, is better? 🙂

• Nat June 30, 2014 at 9:12 pm

I probably have the more bling version…I was unaware there were two! I use mine often, it can really save an otherwise ‘meh’ polish!

7. Tanguera June 30, 2014 at 12:38 am

It took a while to grow on me, but now I really like VNL, especially for hot summer months where full coverage enamel can look too heavy. What I love about sheers is that they make the nails look polished without looking too “done up.” Like lip gloss instead of lipstick. VNL looks great on your nails. Long live ladylike polish!

• Katie June 30, 2014 at 10:01 am

I totally see what you’re saying – it looks fresh and clean and taken care of, but not in your face. I have a few more sheers I might try out now… ahh!

• Magda June 30, 2014 at 10:12 am

You can also pick a creme shade you like and mix with clear polish 50/50, or to your tastes. I do it all the time.

8. LaraLeaf July 1, 2014 at 12:28 am

While I do have ‘color’ on my nails most of the time, I do love a sheer mani. My favorite one is a sandwich of OPI You Callin’ Me A Lyre? and Pirouette Your Whistle. I have heard 2% Milk mentioned a bit and now that I have seen your swatches, I am going to look for it. Thank you for the wonderful photos!

• Katie July 1, 2014 at 6:42 pm

You’re so welcome!Now I’m starting to regret completely ignoring the NYC Ballet Soft Shades! Ahhhhh!

• tanguera July 1, 2014 at 10:47 pm

I was all over those sheer NYC shades, after hearing about the jellyish formula, which so many reviewers were saying made for a less streaky application than with most sheers. Still, You Callin’ Me a Lyre was too uneven for me, only Don’t Touch my Tutu worked for me, luv it! My fave jellyish sheers though, are the ones by RBL… their formula is just crazzzy good, so good that it absolutely justifies the obscene price, LOL.

• Magda July 2, 2014 at 2:36 am

Now that you mention it, OPI Glints of Glinda is just perfect, formula and colour-wise. One of my favourites.

• Katie July 2, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I got it in a swap – I’ll have to try it out.

• Katie July 2, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Don’t Touch My Tutu has such a great name. I like the look of You Callin’ Me a Lyre.

I think the only way I’ll end up with any of these polishes is if I run across a mini set at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.

Which is your favorite RBL? I’ve tried two RBL polishes – loved them both. Scrangie & No More War. I think I sent Scrangie to Alli, may have to dig out No More War….

• Anonymous July 2, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Hmmm, if I could only one RBL polish with me to a desert island, it would have to be Fire Queen. It’s just so unique and gorgeous, it literally turns your nails into pale glassy jade. Yum!

• Katie July 2, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I just looked it up – it’s absolutely lovely!