JulieG Canary Islands cover

JulieG Canary Islands

JulieG Canary Islands coverY’all. I am obsessed with the JulieG Summer 2014 Cruise collection! All the colors are gorgeous AND the formulas are awesome. Talk about a win, win!

Canary Islands is a pale yellow creme that actually doesn’t look terrible with my skintone. My struggle to find a good yellow polish for my skintone is well documented on this blog but today I think I finally found my perfect yellow polish.

Not only is the color great but the formula is fantastic. I used just two coats in my swatches. Yes, a yellow polish that is opaque in two coats. I’m impressed.

This collection is currently available in Rite Aid stores as well as on jessesgirlcosmetics.com.

Make sure to check out the swatches under the jump!

PS: I love this polish so much I already did some nail art with it. You can get a preview of that manicure by clicking here.

JulieG Canary Islands JulieG Canary Islands swatch

10 thoughts on “JulieG Canary Islands

1. tanguera May 15, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Hey now!!!… THIS is a “Sunshine” / “Lemon” yellow! It’s flippin’ gorgeous. I have several yellows I dearly love, but they’re all lighter/softer than this one, which is going on my wish list immediately. It’s bright yet not too “in your face” bright… just right! Thanks for the post!

• Alli May 15, 2014 at 6:13 pm

This is a great yellow! And the formula is great too 🙂

• tanguera May 15, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I was going to wish-list it, but then when I saw the super-cheap price, I decided to just order it… wow, even with shipping, still a good deal!

2. LaraLeaf May 16, 2014 at 7:13 am

My favorite color is yellow and I have several pastel, pale yellows. This is a really nice one! Will probably have to get it now – looks great on your nails!

• Alli May 16, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I have a hard time finding yellows that work for me so I was excited this one looked good on me!

3. Jen May 17, 2014 at 5:52 am

I really want this now!! I just threw out a yellow by Milani that I hated, but this looks great! Unfortunately, the only place I’ve ever seen Julie G polishes here (I live in Hawaii) is a weird Japanese store called Don Quijote which has the most random assortment of things. Their stock of Julie G polishes has been running low, too. 🙁

• Alli May 17, 2014 at 11:44 am

Have you checked the Jessie’s Girl Cosmetics website? They have international shipping so I would think they’d also shit to Hawaii.

I’ve had great luck ordering from them online.

• Katie May 17, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I wish I had a local weird Japanese store..