Essie I'm Addicted cover

Essie I’m Addicted

Essie I'm Addicted coverThe 2014 Essie Neons collection (aka the Too Taboo collection) has landed!

I love neon. It took me awhile to get on board with the neon trend but now that I am it seems I can’t get enough neon everything in my life! Whether it be shoes or purses or in this case nail polish.

Due to this I must admit I’m a bit addicted to I’m Addicted.

Essie describes I’m Addicted as a neon aquamarine blue. That is a much fancier description than I would have come up with and it’s spot on.

The nice thing about this particular blue is that even though it’s a neon it’s not crazy bright. I am a lover of eye scorching bright neons, don’t get me wrong. But, these kinds of more subtle neons are also nice. Particularly when we’re not into the summer season just yet.

There is a downside of this polish and it’s the formula. Some neons have a bit of a jelly feel and I’m Addicted is that kind of formula. Due to this 3 coats is absolutely required. And of course, since I’m Addicted is a neon, it dries to that semi matte finish. A shiny top coat is required!

Essie recommends using all their neons over a white base. I did try that with I’m Addicted (there is a swatch of that under the jump) and I don’t think it’s necessary. You get a fuller color but the finished look isn’t worth the 5 coats of polish necessary to get there (2 coats of white + 3 coats of I’m Addicted…yikes!).

The Essie Too Taboo collection is starting to pop up in stores. If you haven’t seen it yet you will be seeing it soon! I’m Addicted is currently available on and Amazon.

There are a slew of swatches under the jump!

Essie I'm Addicted Essie I'm Addicted swatch Essie I'm Addicted sun Essie I'm Addicted label

Over a white base.
Over a white base.

19 thoughts on “Essie I’m Addicted

1. Julie April 30, 2014 at 9:33 am

I’m super excite for this collection, and especially this polish.

• Alli April 30, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Me too! Love neons 🙂

2. lushnails April 30, 2014 at 9:35 am

Lovely colour. I agree, it’s perfect for this time of year

• Alli April 30, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I’m so glad the weather is finally warm enough to wear polishes like I’m Addicted!

3. Morgan April 30, 2014 at 9:48 am

I finally got my hands on this collection Monday! At Kohl’s no less haha I had gotten Too Taboo about 3 weeks ago and it took that long for the rest to be put out. I love all the colors and that polish looks great on you!!

• Alli April 30, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I always forget Kohl’s carries Essie now!

And thank you 🙂

4. Lost In Polish April 30, 2014 at 11:15 am

I love this color! I am addicted to any and all neons. What I don’t understand is why the neons that I pick never look as bright as the ones I see everyone else wearing. I’ve done the underwear trick. Am I missing something else? I want the shock! Any suggestions on colors/brands? Thanks

• Alli April 30, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Tomorrow my post is on Pixi Oh So Orange and let me tell you what, it’s an eye scorcher!

Not all neons are super bright (like this one). I find pinks, yellows and oranges are the brightest.

5. Tanguera April 30, 2014 at 3:49 pm

I’m a huge aqua fan, but kinda surprised that I like this bold “otter pop blue” version of aqua, but I do. If Essie is calling this a neon than who am I to argue, but I agree with you, it’s not crazy bright. I think it’d look great as a spring pedi!

• Alli April 30, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I appreciate that Essie releases some neons that are totally in your face. It gives people a bright color option without being over the top.

6. thebubblybrunette April 30, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Absolutely stunning! I need to get my hands on this 🙂

• Alli April 30, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Isn’t it though!? I love it!

7. Katie April 30, 2014 at 9:18 pm

This is great! It’s so… you! It also matches those Jessica Simpson heels I bought forever ago and have only worn on my balcony… xo

8. whitelace May 1, 2014 at 11:47 am

I’m Addicted is a really pretty blue on you but it doesn’t look like a neon from the swatches. I’ll take your word for it though! I have to use a white undie for all my pastels and neons. If not, they can be really streaky, even with 3 coats of color.

• Alli May 1, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Neon in nail polish lingo doesn’t necessarily mean super bright….it’s more of a way to describe the formula. I’m Addicted isn’t super bright.

9. Pingback: Essie Too Taboo