deborah lippmann Spring Buds cover

deborah lippmann Spring Buds

deborah lippmann Spring Buds coverAs I sit here and type this post my seasonal allergies are in full swing. That yellow greenish pollen is EVERYWHERE and I hate it. So, when I saw Spring Buds in the bottle I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the color. It looks like pollen! But on my nails I absolutely adore this polish.

For spring 2014 deborah lippmann released a 6 piece limited edition collection called Spring Reveries. The polishes are all pretty spring appropriate pastels.

deborah lippmann describes Spring Buds as a pretty playful pistachio. I consider Essie Fashion Playground to be pistachio. Spring Buds has much more yellow in it. Regardless, the color is quite lovely. Despite looking like pollen!

The formula is perfection. I used just two coats in my swatches.

The Spring Reveries collection is currently available at Sephora. Spring Buds is also available on Amazon.

Make sure to check out the swatches under the jump!

The product(s) used in this post were provided to TDV for review. For more information check out our disclosure policy.

deborah lippmann Spring Buds deborah lippmann Spring Buds 2 deborah lippmann Spring Buds swatch deborah lippmann Spring Buds label

12 thoughts on “deborah lippmann Spring Buds

1. Tanguera April 11, 2014 at 11:42 am

I’ve literally never seen another polish quite this shade. I can’t say it appeals to me, but DL is really a color artist.

• pikrodafni April 11, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I have – people call this colour “chartreuse”. Check google images.

• Alli April 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I don’t have anything quite like this in my collection. It’s certainly not a color I would have come up with!

2. Liz Krusenstjerna April 11, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Argh, pollen! Fantastic fresh spring breezes abound but nope can’t leave the windows open to enjoy them ’cause the stuff infiltrates and coats every single surface of every single thing. Gotta run the windshield washer and wipers each and every time you go to drive somewhere. I used to detail cars and this time of year is basically one big salmon day. I can’t even imagine alergies thrown into the mix — my condolences!

Deborah Lippmann’s new Spring Reveries collection elicited an exaggerated covet response from me and no polish moreso than this sweet and playful green. I am one to forgo any polish, however, if it’s a pain to apply so I’m ecstatic to learn that the formula is great. Thanks for this and all the great reviews from TDV!

• Alli April 12, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I will say the allergies are a small price to pay for some nice, sunny and warm weather!

3. raincouvergirl April 12, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I’m not sure if I would want this colour or not. It is pretty, but I think it might be too yellow for my skin tone.

• Alli April 13, 2014 at 10:18 am

I have basically the pinkest skintone in existence and I can pull this color off. I was surprised!

4. Pingback: Pixi Lime Lustre
  5. Katie April 15, 2014 at 6:08 pm

This would have been parfait for my weird green phase.

6. Katie April 15, 2014 at 6:25 pm

And… now I’m lusting after SH Insta Dri Chartreuse Chase.

7. Kristine Heilman (@mntrinemo) April 16, 2014 at 5:01 pm

“it looks like pollen” had me laughing out loud at work! I hate pollen season. I guess that is one good thing about the few inches of 3-4 inches of snow we are getting in Minneapolis today…pollen delay!