Sally Girl Grape Sherbert cover

Sally Girl Grape Sherbert

Sally Girl Grape Sherbert coverWho doesn’t love a cheap thrill? Sally Girl polishes are the ultimate cheap thrill. These mini polishes cost under a dollar at your local Sally Beauty Supply and there are a TON of colors to choose from. Occasionally, Sally Girl will put out a special collection. Grape Sherbert is from the current Ice Cream Shoppe collection. I saw the display at Sally’s when I was there picking up a couple of pairs of my favorite lashes and I couldn’t resist.

Grape Sherbert is a pale purple with black glitter. The purple base is a bit sheer which is good in this case as it allows the black glitter to show through when adding more coats of polish.

Due to this the formula is a bit thin. I used two coats in my swatches and while two coats was perfectly fine to the eye my swatches definitely would have benefited from a third coat.

A note regarding the name of this polish. It is called Grape Sherbert; not Grape Sherbet. I’m from the south and grew up eating sherbert with my Alabama born and raised grandmother. I have always pronounced sherbet sherbert. I’m honestly not sure I’ve ever heard anyone pronounce it differently. That being said, many consider this wrong pronunciation and spelling. I don’t know why Sally Girl chose to use the sherbert spelling. But I’ll leave the grammatical debate to the experts.

Currently, the Ice Cream Shoppe collection isn’t available on the Sally Beauty Supply website but it should be easy to find in stores.

Make sure to check out the swatches under the jump!

Sally Girl Grape Sherbert Sally Girl Grape Sherbert swatch Sally Girl Grape Sherbert 2 Sally Girl Grape Sherbert MACRO Sally Girl Grape Sherbert label

11 thoughts on “Sally Girl Grape Sherbert

1. Joni March 27, 2014 at 9:50 am

I don’t love the size of the glitter, or maybe it’s too dark for the base. It makes it look like your fingernails have lice. 🙁

• Alli March 27, 2014 at 11:30 am

I never would have thought of lice… but I can see how these kinds of polishes won’t be for everyone.

2. Anne March 27, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I think it looks great! Not like lice at all. 😀 IMO

• Alli March 27, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I’m glad you like it!

• Magda March 27, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Fleas, then. 😉

3. tanguera March 27, 2014 at 4:36 pm

There is something I always find sorta “disturbing” about about dark glitter bits over light polish, especially if the glitter is just one color and not sparkly… so this is not something I’d choose to wear, but it IS unique, and your nails always look so perfectly done!

• Alli March 27, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I can appreciate that point of view! Definitely a not for everyone polish.

And thank you 🙂

4. LaraLeaf March 27, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I would like to thank you for swatching so many of the Sally Girl polishes! Although most of my polish buys are OPI and such, I like to give the SG polishes a look-see to see if any of them want to come home with me. 😀

• Alli March 28, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I try to swatch a variety of things. I’m guilty of falling into the OPI/Essie hole sometimes but there are so many other great polishes on the market!

5. Nat March 28, 2014 at 5:50 am

I like it! It’s a jelly bean, candy Easter egg, happy kind of look. Reminds me of the cute, summer dresses little girls wear to church with matching frilly socks and black patent Mary Jane shoes.

This look must certainly be popular with somebody, there are loads of polishes out there with this candy effect! I’ll have to visit Sally’s!

• Alli March 28, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I love this kind of polish for spring. It’s a nice change of pace from all the pastel cremes that are on the market!

These polishes are pretty popular I just think they’re polarizing.