Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream cover

Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream

Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream coverThis is a product I had no intention of trying. But then I was browsing the cuticle care section of The claims caught my eye. An intensive conditioning cream for rough, ragged cuticles and hangnails that absorbs quickly? Sign me up!

I adore my holy grail cuticle product, Smith’s Rosebud Salve. But it’s a salve therefore takes a bit of work to get it absorbed into the skin.

There are many things I like about the Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream. It has a light, sweet scent that is pleasant. The cream is the consistency of a lip balm therefore the product is thin and soaks into the skin quickly. The price is right at under $5. The packaging is nice and sturdy.

Unfortunately all of these good things get lost in the fact that I just don’t think this product does much for my cuticles. This is definitely a maintenance product at best. If you’re looking for something really moisturizing and help repair dry cuticles this is not the right product. At best, this cuticle cream will help to maintain cuticles that are already in good shape.

Overall, I don’t hate this product. I’ll definitely use it for a quick cuticle care product to help maintain my cuticle health. And I think for some people a product like this can be great to keep at your desk or in your purse or car. But this won’t be a product I repurchase.

Below the jump you will find pictures of the product as well as the packaging, etc.

I adore my Smith’s Rosebud Salve but I’m always trying new cuticle products! If you have a favorite definitely leave it in a comment 🙂

Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream 1 Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream 2 Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream directions Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream packaging

13 thoughts on “Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream

1. Tanguera March 25, 2014 at 4:57 pm

For my purse, I like OPI’s ” Avoplex Curicle Oil To Go,” because the squeeze tube with the brush on the end makes it a very sanitary option. It’s mostly avocado oil and grape seed oil. What I use at home is just whatever natural oil or oul blend I have on hand from the health food store, which is a really economical way to go because a tiny bit goes a very long way and you can get a nice big bottle for cheap. That said, my favorite cuticle “treatment” is (carefully) trimming them into non-existence with a nipper, ha ha.

• Alli March 25, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Believe it or not I have NEVER cut my cuticles!

I’ll have to check out the OPI. I like the idea of a brush.

2. JDV March 25, 2014 at 5:09 pm

If you haven’t heard about Bliss Kiss nail oil then you should look into it, I’ve been seeing it more and more around the internet and I finally gave it a try. It lives up to the hype! You can see all sorts of testimonials over at nailcare hq dot com or google it.

• Alli March 25, 2014 at 6:56 pm

I have not heard about Bliss Kiss. I’ll have to do some research! Sounds promising 🙂

3. Anonymous March 25, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Thank you so much for reviewing this. I’ve seen it in the drugstores for a while and often thought about getting it. I finally got y cuticles looking pretty decent, but I am on the lookout for a product other than hand cream for night time maintenance.

• Alli March 25, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I’m glad you found it helpful!

• Angie March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am

I use Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream before I go to bed at night after I put hand cream on my hands and my cutes look great! I’m guessing its the same consistency as the SH, but I have never had better cuticles after using this stuff!

• Alli March 27, 2014 at 11:28 am

I’m not a huge fan of the Burts Bees but I know Katie loves it!

4. PolishedWay S March 25, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I’ve seen this in the stores and wondered if it worked. It does become confusing and overwhelming when it comes to selecting cuticle care products. This was very helpful. Thanks!

• Alli March 25, 2014 at 6:58 pm

There are SO MANY cuticle products on the market. It’s crazy.

5. Magda March 26, 2014 at 6:02 am

I’m applying Vaseline on mine, 4-5 times a day – they have never been so perfect for such little money.

6. Sarah March 26, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I really love Badger Balm’s cuticle balm or one called Healthy Hoof or something that I got pretty cheap at CVS. They both work very nicely.

• Alli March 27, 2014 at 11:29 am

I think my grandmother used to use Badger Balm products! I had forgotten about that brand. I need to check those out.