Maybelline Frozen Over cover

Maybelline Frozen Over (+ a dupe!)

Maybelline Frozen Over coverMy experience with the Maybelline Color Show polish line is somewhat limited. But the polishes I have used from the line I adore. So, when I was browsing (my addiction to that website is a problem…) I noticed a few new(ish) polishes had been added, including Frozen Over. I suspected I might already have a dupe in my collection but alas, I couldn’t help myself!

Frozen Over is a somewhat sheer baby blue packed with shimmer that shifts between orange and white. The color is GORGEOUS. The formula gives me a headache. I used 4 coats in my swatches. Yes, 4 full coats. There’s no way I could have gotten away with 3. The result was lovely but it took a long time to get there!

This is a dead on dupe of SinfulColors Cinderella. In my Cinderella post I used it over a light blue polish which solved the formula issue. So if you want a more opaque look with Frozen Over, using it as a top coat is the way to go.

If you can find SinfulColors Cinderella it is less expensive than Frozen Over (if you can find it in stores….Cinderella is stupidly expensive on Amazon!) and like I said, the two polishes are dead on dupes. Not just color wise but the formula as well. So if possible I’d go with the less expensive option. If you can’t find Cinderella, Frozen Over is easy to find on the web. I picked my bottle up from and it is also available from Walgreens.

Make sure to check out the swatches under the jump as well as a comparison between Frozen Over and Cinderella 🙂

Maybelline Frozen Over Maybelline Frozen Over swatch Maybelline Frozen Over bottle Maybelline Frozen Over MACRO Maybelline Frozen Over sun Maybelline Frozen Over sun swatch Maybelline Frozen Over and SinfulColors Cinderella bottles Maybelline Frozen Over and SinfulColors Cinderella

20 thoughts on “Maybelline Frozen Over (+ a dupe!)

1. Arathael March 21, 2014 at 10:11 am

I figured it was a dupe for Cinderella, but I bought Frozen Over this week anyway. 😀
    I actually picked up Cinderella fairly recently in a big Sinful display at a grocery store.
    If I wear either I’ll definitely put it over a light blue or white or something.
    Thanks for comparison!!

• Alli March 21, 2014 at 1:04 pm

It’s such a pretty color that 2 bottles in any collection is totally acceptable!

2. Katie March 21, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I wish I used Cinderella more often. Maybe now I will. 🙂

• Alli March 21, 2014 at 1:05 pm

It’s so pretty for spring 🙂

• Magda March 21, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I’m going to top Cinderella with Whimsical – cuteness overload. 🙂

3. Tanguera March 21, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Robin’s egg blue is my favorite color and my favorite polish color, and I love silver shimmer so I ADORE this! I’m thinking I could dupe it with a coat of silver micro shimmer over one of several warm pale blues in my stash, but I think I might have to get it anyway, sigh.

• Alli March 21, 2014 at 5:13 pm

The shimmer in this polish is pretty unique (well, aside from the dupe!). If you do end up with it I doubt you’ll be disappointed 🙂

• tanguera March 21, 2014 at 6:29 pm

It reminds me a little of “Revellion” by RBL, which I’ve had my eye on… but Cinderella looks paler and a bit warmer, both of which I prefer, plus it’s loads cheaper than RBL, so I think I’m sold.

4. Nail Polish Society March 21, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I will be on the hunt ASAP!

• Alli March 21, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Good luck!

• tanguera March 21, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Just snagged a bottle of Cinderella on Ebay for $5… not exactly cheap, but a bit better than the Amazon price, and I don’t have time to hunt it down at drugstores. Shamefully, $5 is only about half or a third of what I’d normally pay for a polish, so I feel like a got a fantastic deal, especially since the Ebay seller was offering the polish with 35 free multi-colored nail rhinestones thrown in “just for fun.” Pinch me.

• Alli March 22, 2014 at 11:27 am

$5 really isn’t bad! I didn’t even think to check on eBay after I saw the price on Amazon! Those nail rhinestones will be fun.

I hope you love it 🙂

5. tanguera March 21, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Also… just checked and Sinful brand is “3 Free” (free of major toxins). Luv! Seems like so many of the cheaper brands are not 3-free, so this was a pleasant surprise.

• Alli March 22, 2014 at 11:27 am

It seems there’s be a turn recently(ish) in drugstore brands to be 3 free which is great.

6. Krista March 22, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I love Cinderella! My favorite way to wear it is with Sally Hansen’s Royal Icing from their newer Sugar Coat line. Thanks for the heads up on the dupe. I’ve recently discovered your blog as I’ve become more obsessed with my nails over the last few months. Thanks for helping to fuel my new obsession. 😉

• Alli March 22, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Cinderella would be so pretty with Royal Icing!

So glad you found TDV! Welcome 🙂