Here in Charlotte we’ve had a few days here and there that were gorgeous and warm. I embraced those days and started trying out some more spring appropriate polishes. I have to say I’m really excited about this season’s color palette!
Below the jump you will find the top 5 trending colors for spring 2014 and polish suggestions for each of them! If you want even more suggestions (or just want to know where to find any of these polishes) I put together a Spring 2014 Must Have Polishes collection over on Luvocracy.
I’d love to know what polishes you’re excited about wearing this spring. Make sure to leave them in a comment (and feed my addiction!).
1. Radiant Orchid: The color of the year isn’t going anywhere for spring. Radiant Orchid is EVERYWHERE. I was at the mall just today and the color is the dominant color from clothes to cosmetics to home decor. Nail polish is, of course, no exception. My favorite polish in this color range is PISTOL polish Trouble Hunting but it is definitely a bold, in your face polish. Essie Splash of Grenadine is a more subtle option.
2. Nude (or Sand if we’re being fancy): Nude polishes have really taken the polish world by store recently. Nude nails are fresh and aren’t fussy. Exactly what spring is about! While I’m not really into nude polishes Katie has discovered quite a few that will fit perfectly in this category. Essie Cocktails & Coconuts, OPI Barefoot in Barcelona and Cult Nails Cruisin’ Nude all fit the bill!
3. Pale Blue: A classic springtime color if there ever was one! Most spring polish collections include a pale blue and all seem to have a creme finish. This is great as I’m sure most of us already have this polish in our collection. My favorite polish in this color range is Julep Jessica. The formula is pure perfection; a hard thing to find in pale blues. Other good options include Essie Find Me An Oasis and Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams.
4. Dazzling Blue: Katie touched on this in her post on Julep Monaco. But bright, cobalt blue is having a moment. I love this color not only because it’s straight up gorgeous but it’s also a great color to pair with pastels and floral; both staples for spring fashion. My absolute favorite dazzling blue polish is PISTOL polish Blue Bonnie. Essie Butler Please and JulieG Cabana Boy are other great options.
5. Mint: Like spring itself, mint is fresh and feels like a bit of a renewal. Mint is a spring color palette staple and 2014 is no exception. My absolute favorite mint polish is Polish & Co Mint to Tell U. The formula is perfection. Essie Turquoise & Caicos and wet n wild I Need a Refresh-Mint are great options that can be found at the drugstore.