Sarah Bareilles People's Choice Awards nails cover

Celeb Nails: Sarah Bareilles

Sarah Bareilles People's Choice Awards nails coverMy favorite thing about awards shows is checking out all the celebrity manicures. Usually I find at least one I want to try.

The 2014 People’s Choice Awards were full of interesting manicures. While I may never be able to forgive Jennifer Hudson for wearing Essie Belugaria (seriously with that nail polish!), I really loved Sarah Bareilles’ simple manicure. It was a color combination I would have never tried myself.

To recreate Sarah’s manicure I used OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby. for the gold nails (her gold polish had a more metallic finish; a polish like Essie Good as Gold would give a more true to her look result). Because of my skintone I can’t really pull of a metallic gold so I went with something a bit more flattering. And then for the red accent nail I used OPI Over and Over A-Gwen.

Honestly, I wasn’t sure I was going to like this manicure on me but I ended up quite liking it. It felt fancy and like it would be appropriate for a formal event.

Swatches can be found under the jump!

OPI Over and Over A-Gwen and OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby. OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby. and OPI Over and Over A-Gwen Celeb Nails Sarah Bareilles Sarah Bareilles People's Choice Awards Nails

8 thoughts on “Celeb Nails: Sarah Bareilles

1. pikrodafni February 1, 2014 at 9:46 am

I admit, it’s original! I might try it but using blue instead of red…

• Katie February 1, 2014 at 11:51 am

That would be pretty!

2. Katie February 1, 2014 at 11:51 am

Simple. I like it a lot 🙂

3. tanguera February 1, 2014 at 2:34 pm

As always your mani is perfectly done! That said, I can’t say I’m a fan of the whole accent nail trend, unless the accent nail is just a subtle deviation from the other nails. Otherwise I find it too distracting and silly looking… then again, I’m probably old enough to be your mom, so factor that in, ha ha. I’m surprised that celebrities are still sporting the accent nail… seems like once a nail trend is fully embraced by the main stream, celebrities consider it played out and leave it in the dust for the next new trend, which I hear is (gasp!) BARE nails. Say it isn’t so.

• Alli February 2, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I go back and forth with the accent nail thing. I do like adding glitter or something as an accent nail as opposed to a contrasting polish generally speaking, though.

4. Lost In Polish February 2, 2014 at 1:41 am

I am actually sporting that same look! Although it is changing shortly to my Super Bowl selection. Thank you by the way for all the mani ideas.

• Alli February 2, 2014 at 1:03 pm

You and Sarah have good taste!

And you are welcome!

5. Catherine Dream February 6, 2014 at 10:19 am

Haha, I just LOLed when I saw Jennifer Hudson wearing Belugaria ; ) Oh poor, amateur people…