deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers cover

deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers

deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers coverThis may be the most perfect holiday polish ever. No, really. It actually matches the ornaments on my tree!

You may remember way back in September I reviewed deborah lippmann Pseudo Silk Kimono. It was from the (then) new Silk Shade collection from deborah lippmann. Red Silk Boxers is also part of that collection. I’ve been dragging my heels on trying it simple because when I looked at the bottle I immediately thought HOLIDAY. I’m glad I waited.

Red Silk Boxers is, as deborah lippmann describes it, a come-hither crimson that dries to a silky matte finish. I adore the finish of this polish. It’s matte but it’s got a slight sheen to it.

The formula on these can be a tad tricky. As with all matte finish nail polishes the polish dries quickly. I used 3 thin coats in my swatches and was happy with the result. If you have trouble getting the polish to look even apply one coat of a matte top coat after the second coat.

While I do prefer Psuedo Silk Kamono, Red Silk Boxers is a great holiday polish that’s a bit unexpected.

The Silk Shade collection is available on as well as deborah lippman’s website.

There are swatches under the jump!

The product(s) used in this post were provided to TDV for review. For more information check out our disclosure policy.

deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers swatch deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers 2 deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers MACRO deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers MACRO2 deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers label deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers bottle

8 thoughts on “deborah lippmann Red Silk Boxers

1. Lorraine December 13, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Completely gorgeous. Love Lippmann! So would you say this is worth the splurge since the finish is so unique or could we replicate the effect with matte topcoat and something similar in the current stash?

• Alli December 13, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I have a hard time getting this semi-matte finish with a matte top coat. But it may be worth doing some experimenting!

I thought it might be similar to Revlon Ruby Ribbon but Katie has that polish and said it was more brown than Red Silk Boxers.

2. Maya December 13, 2013 at 2:26 pm

A truly gorgeous and sophisticated shade of red, and it goes so well with your skin tone, but I just can’t get on board with the whole matte trend… Although this ” silky finish” matte might be able to change my mind. Still, I’m not sure I could resist slapping a nice shiny topcoat on it!

• Alli December 13, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I hear ya! It didn’t even cross my mind to try this with a top coat. I loved the finish so much!

3. Lost in Polish December 14, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I’m officially in love. Everything is perfect from color to finish. I will admit I’ve never owned a DL polish before. I will hope that Santa sneaks this into my stocking this year.

• Alli December 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm

This would be a fabulous polish to be your first DL. It’s a perfect stocking stuffer 🙂

4. Connie July 27, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Such a pretty color – you have totally inspired me to try it. I am normally very into glitters, but this is so gorgeous I should add it to my collection. I saw this photo on Ebay – is that you guys selling there?

• Katie August 5, 2016 at 8:01 pm

No – not us selling it on eBay. This is gorgeous. If you’re looking to try out some different colors, I’m in LOVE with the Zoya Matte Velvet polishes. Love. $10 on but there are also great prices on amazon 🙂