wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet bottle

wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet

wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet bottleI picked this up after several people suggested it may be a dupe for OPI Parlez-vous OPI?. Sadly, while it’s close, it’s not a dupe of the long discontinued OPI favorite. But that’s ok, because it’s a pretty awesome color on its own 🙂

Bite the Bullet is a red based medium purple creme that has the slightest bit of dustiness to it. The color is quite lovely and great for fall.

The formula is a tad bit on the thin side. I used 3 coats in my swatches.

While this color is great, I really do love it, for those of us with a cool skintone this isn’t the best option in this color range. For those of you who have a warmer skintone Bite the Bullet is dare I say a must have? It’s a great fall color and it’s close enough to a neutral that it goes with almost anything.

Below the jump there are swatches of Bite the Bullet as well as a picture of the Bite the Bullet bottle beside OPI Parlez-vous OPI?. The major difference is Bite the Bullet is a red based purple where as Parlez-vous OPI? is a blue based purple. I didn’t think the 2 were close enough to warrant a comparison on the nail.

Anyway! I purchased Bite the Bullet from drugstore.com but it should be easy to find anywhere wet n wild is sold.

wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet wet n wild Bite the Bullet wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet swatch wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet label wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet OPI Parlez-vous OPI

16 thoughts on “wet n wild megalast Bite the Bullet

1. Lorraine November 24, 2013 at 10:57 am

Lovely! colors like this are so soothing. why doesn’t OPI just bring that color back? guaranteed best seller! Or they could make their mini holiday set fly off the shelves just by including a tiny size of it. No, instead we get 50 shades of red by mariah Carey.

• Alli November 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I really couldn’t have put it better myself. haha

• Katie November 24, 2013 at 10:31 pm

The 50 Shades of Mariah made me laugh 🙂

2. Arathael November 24, 2013 at 11:07 am

lol @ Lorraine 50 shades of red by Mariah Carey — agree!!!

I have a ton of these WnW Megalasts…I really like them especially for the price. All drugstores have a dozen or so basic shades, and Dollar General has (or had this past summer, haven’t checked in awhile) a ton of other shades that were exclusives to DG.

• Alli November 24, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I think that’s right. It’s a hike for me to get to a Dollar General so I’ve never checked out the DG shades. But I really do love this line of polishes 🙂

3. Joni November 24, 2013 at 2:59 pm

That looks pretty similar to “Warm and Toasty Turtleneck” from the Essie winter line.

• Alli November 24, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I think this may be more of a dupe for Warm and Toasty Turtleneck than for Parlez-vous OPI.

4. Jade November 24, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I love Bite the Bullet but wouldn’t WnW Wet Cement be a bit closer to Palez-Vous? Maybe I’m way off but that is what I thought when I saw the last pic here 😛

• Alli November 24, 2013 at 4:08 pm

It’s an over and an under, as my grandfather would say. Bite the Bullet isn’t gray enough but Wet Cement is too gray!

5. Brittnee November 24, 2013 at 11:50 pm

That is a really nice color! Very wearable all the time!

6. Becky December 5, 2013 at 1:45 am

I’ve been lusting after “Parlez-vous OPI?” for a long time now… so I decided to make my own. I got a bottle of “Bite the Bullet” and transferred almost a third of it to an empty bottle and proceeded to mix some “Lavander” from Sinful Colors and “Wet Cement” to give it more dustiness. I mixed a sample first to see how the formula would behave and it did very well. I’m happy with the result. It’s too bad you didn’t swatched them side by side.

• Katie January 14, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I’d love to see what you mixed up!

7. Christa W. January 14, 2014 at 10:24 pm

The bottle I saw of Bite the Bullet that was compared to Parlez-vous OPI was different. Upon searching I found that this version which I purchased today at Dollar General is listed as color 207B. I found a vendor selling the old bottle and it was labeled 207A. I am guessing like the Wet n’ Wild shade I Need A Refresh-Mint there are more than one version. I don’t have Parlez-vous OPI to compare it to but I did order the other bottle to see if there is any differences.

• Katie January 14, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Good polish hunting skills! I looked up some swatches of 207A and it does look closer to Parlez-vous OPI than 207B. More grey… less red. Let us know what you think when you get the other bottle!

• Christa W. January 17, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I got the bottle of 207A today. It actually appears if anything a little more red. It’s very close to the 207B. It might only seem different because I swatched them on different type of plastic nails. I am not sure if there are multiple formulas in this particular bottle style but the one I bought was not it. At least now I have a back up or one fit for a swap box. I will continue to pursue my quest in finding that elusive other formula version of Bite the Bullet. It’s out there somewhere, I think!

• Katie January 18, 2014 at 7:58 am

Oh no! More red? Multiple formulas can be kind of infuriating. I’ll keep my eye out for something similar to Parlez vous OPI? 🙂