Revlon Perplex Cover

Revlon Perplex (aka Revlon Naughty)

Revlon Perplex CoverI’m completely guilty of getting caught up in everything new in the nail polish world that often my older, much loved polishes are neglected. Revlon Perplex was living on my DIY nail polish rack and it caught my eye because it looked so gorgeous in the bottle. This fall I have really been into gray based purples (such as OPI Parlez-vous OPI?) so Revlon Perplex definitely fit my current nail polish mood.

Back in late 2010 this polish was ALL the rage. Revlon was hardly shy about the fact they were duping Chanel Paradoxal, the it polish at the time. I was perfectly happy to find the dupe and save a little money.

Perplex (which is now part of the Revlon permanent polish line but named Naughty….have to say I like Perplex better…) is a grayed out violet with red and blue shimmer. The shimmer is subtle but it really shows up in the sun.

The formula is a tad bit thin but nothing 3 coats can’t take care of.

This is a fabulous polish for fall. I’m so glad I rediscovered this gem! If you don’t have this in your collection already it should be easy to find at any drugstore (just look for Naughty…not Perplex!) or there’s always….that has everything.

Under the jump there are all kinds of swatches. Including a shot in the sun 🙂

Revlon Perplex Revlon Perplex 3 Revlon Perplex swatch Revlon Perplex 2 Revlon Perplex sun Revlon Perplex macro Revlon Perplex

7 thoughts on “Revlon Perplex (aka Revlon Naughty)

1. purple_rain November 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Agreed, this shade is gorgeous!
    Normally I don’t care that much for trends & stuff, but this one really spoke to me 🙂

• Alli November 22, 2013 at 11:28 am

Sometimes trends turn out to be pretty darn good 🙂

2. Cookie November 22, 2013 at 1:42 am

Bought the Chanel because I am a purple girl (never pink for me) and grey-based purples are my jam! It chipped after a day. Tried it with different base/top coats and could never make it last.

Found Naughty and not only is it cheaper and lasts longer, I actually think it’s a prettier version. I have a backup of my backup. It’s one of about four colors I wear all-the-time. I would’ve named it PURplex — which is how I pronounce it!!

• Alli November 22, 2013 at 11:29 am

That’s interesting (Chanel vs. Revlon).

It’s great when you find an affordable polish that can be one of your signature colors!

3. JDV November 22, 2013 at 10:15 pm

This is in my top 5 of favorite polish colors, love love love!!

4. mintymilky November 24, 2013 at 7:13 am

Really nice! I have a similar colour but most of the time I forget to wear it 😀

5. Pau May 20, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Í have Naughty and love it cause it’s an one coater! Maybe the name is more plain, but the polish is great 😀