Essie Lux Effects Jazzy Jubilant

Essie Lux Effects Jazzy Jubilant

Essie Lux Effects Jazzy JubilantBelieve it or not this is the first Essie Lux Effects polish I’ve tried! I don’t really have an explanation. In my mind it seemed a bit silly to pay Essie prices for a glitter top coat but when I saw Jazzy Jubilant it won me over (it’s seriously GORGEOUS in the bottle).

Jazzy Jubilant, along with Sparkle on Top, is a new addition to the Lux Effects line. Essie is repromoting the 4 original Lux Effects polishes along with two new additions.

I have to admit, I love Jazzy Jubilant! It has a mix of silver, teal, purple, red and green glitter of varying sizes suspended in a clear base. I used one coat over a black base (Cover Girl Black Diamond) and really loved the result. At first I was just going to do an accent nail but quickly changed my mind!

The formula is easy to work with. The glitter isn’t too dense or thick.

Perhaps I should give a few more of the Lux Effects polishes a try! If you have a favorite please leave a comment so I know which ones to check out 🙂

I haven’t seen the display in stores yet, but it should be popping up soon! If you’re really impatient (like me….) Jazzy Jubilant is currently available at Dermstore and

There are swatches under the jump! Including one outside (in the shade because the sun totally washes out the glitter….).

Essie Jazzy Jubilant Essie Jazzy Jubilant swatch Essie Lux Effects Jazzy Jubilant swatch Essie Jazzy Jubilant MACRO Essie Lux Effects Jazzy Jubilant outside

12 thoughts on “Essie Lux Effects Jazzy Jubilant

1. Paint Those Piggies November 19, 2013 at 10:59 am

This polish is definitely on my wish list 🙂

• Alli November 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I really like it. It’s something a bit different for me 🙂

2. rottoinmodobello November 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm

My favourite of Essie’s luxeffects line has to be “Shine of the Times” although, I think they discontinued it because I haven’t seen it anywhere in a long time.

It’s an opalescent glitter top coat that looks different on every polish it’s worn over as well as from every angle you see it. It even looks great on it’s own. if you can find it I recommend trying it. I like it the best over black. 🙂

• Alli November 19, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Ah yes. So many people loved that one!

3. Magda November 19, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I wish they had dispensed with the red and purple glitter. As it is, it does not make my heart beat any faster…

• Alli November 19, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I don’t think this is going to be a glitter that is universally liked. It’s a bit out there….particularly for Essie!

4. Nat November 20, 2013 at 5:54 am

It’s lovely! I bet it would make a great gumball effect, with Essie Marshmallow!

I agree with rottoinmodobello, Essie’s Shine of the Times was fantastic. Mesmerizing how it changes in the light.

Apparently flakies are expensive to make. This is why they are so hard to find, no profit to be had, I guess. Nfu Oh had so many gorgeous flakies, but they have been discontinued and getting rare. I bought six last spring and they are like gold to me!

• Alli November 20, 2013 at 9:04 am

I’ve never been a big fan of flakies….but I’ve heard the same. Makes those Maybelline Coloramas (I think that’s what they were called…) even more amazing!

5. Nat November 20, 2013 at 7:16 pm

You are absolutely right, they looked amazing! I googled Coloramas just for kicks and whose fingers do I see?? I’ll give you one guess… 🙂

(flakies at the dollar store? You don’t even want to know what I paid for mine…agh)

• Alli November 20, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Maybelline was WAY ahead of the curve with their Colorama line.

6. Terri Favro (@fluffybaggins) December 18, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Hi I liked Jazzy Jubilant — but I can’t remove it! I’ve tried my regular nail polish remover (with acetone) — doesn’t budget. I’ve tried scraping it off with an emery board and a buffer. It’s like the glitter is stuck on with cement. Any advice? I’m desperate. Nice for a few days but want to change the color.

• Alli December 18, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I actually just took off Jazzy Jubiliant. It has really become a favorite.

I don’t find it any more difficult to get off than other glitters. Have you tried using my nail polish removal method? It’s works really well. Just make sure to let the cotton stay on the nails for a few minutes and that the cotton is very saturated.