OPI Parlez-vous OPI cover

OPI Parlez-vous OPI?

OPI Parlez-vous OPI coverIf there was some crazy law that said you could only have one nail polish color per season this would be my pick for fall. It’s the perfect fall goeswitheverything polish.

It just so happens this polish is from one of my all time favorite OPI collections; their Fall 2008 La Collection de France. It is the collection that also gave the world another of my favorite polishes; OPI Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not.

Parlez-vous OPI? is a dusty medium purple creme that can sometimes pull a bit gray. This is one of those polishes that’s almost a neutral. It clashes with nothing!

The formula is lovely. I used just 2 coats in my swatches.

Sadly, someone at OPI hit their head and they didn’t add this to their permanent line. I don’t know of any dupes off the top of my head so if you know of a similar polish please leave it in the comments! Nina Ultra  Pro Never Glum Plum (aka a better version of Essie Smokin’ Hot) is a good alternative.

Swatches under the jump!

OPI Parlez-vous OPI OPI Parlez-vous OPI swatch OPI Parlez-vous OPI MACRO

20 thoughts on “OPI Parlez-vous OPI?

1. Katy November 10, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I think Color Club Uptown Girl is supposed to be similar, but it’s definitely not a dupe. That’s a color that I can only wear in cooler weather.

• Alli November 10, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I have Uptown Girl (considered mentioning it in this post…) and while it has a similar purple base it’s a much cleaner color.

2. Stacy Pulley November 10, 2013 at 12:23 pm

It’s not exactly a dupe, but OPI’s I’m Feeling Sashy from the Miss Universe 2013 collection is similar (although it leans a little warmer than PVO). I found a comparison swatch here, if you’re interested:
    Might make a nice alternate option to use to extend the one you’ve got. 🙂

• Alli November 10, 2013 at 2:27 pm

They are very similar! Sashy may even be better for those with a warmer skintone.

3. purple_rain November 10, 2013 at 2:42 pm

lol, I went through my stash absolutely 100% sure I have at least one dupe (I mean, there *must* be, right, since I have about 10 I’d categorise into the same colour-group) and I’m happy to report back there isn’t one (they’re either leaning more toward lilac-y or grey-ish/brown) — makes me feel a whole lot better knowing those are 10 different polishes! 😀
    Closest [of my stash] is one from Catrice [same company that makes “essence”] “put lavender on agenda” and maybe essie’s “merino cool”.

Aaaanyway 😀 yes, I adore this shade!

• Alli November 10, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I did the exact same thing when I realized this was discontinued. I was like….I must have SOMETHING that’s at least close to it! But no. haha

4. Paulina November 10, 2013 at 4:15 pm

This is ideal for fall 🙂

• Alli November 10, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Totally agree. Just love it!

5. Nerdette November 10, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Pretty colour! Reminds me of Wet’n’Wild “Bite The Bullet” from their Megalast line, although it might be a tad lighter.

• Alli November 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Someone posted on TDV facebook that Bite The Bullet is supposed to be a dupe. I’m going to have to pick up a bottle and see for myself!

6. Jenn November 12, 2013 at 7:57 pm

The other day I bumped into a polish from butter London that reminded me of parlez vous i can’t remember the name

• Katie November 13, 2013 at 8:31 am

Was it Scoundrel?

7. Amanda November 18, 2013 at 3:54 pm

This one is a HUGE lemming for me — why the heck did they discontinue it?! UGH. So I tried to get a dupe and bought Butter London’s Scoundrel — similar but more purple. I also bought Color Club’s Give Me A Hint — I think this one is closer but more brown (I’d have to see a side-by-side comparison). Maybe I should just mix the two! 😉

8. christi in ma November 19, 2013 at 10:24 am

Parlez-Vous Opi was one of my all-time favorite colors. I’ve been looking for a substitute for years. How can we get OPI to bring this one back? Enough of the sand filled and glitter colors. Bring back this classic, please!!!

• Amanda November 19, 2013 at 11:23 am

Let’s start a petition!!! And add Essie’s Starry Starry Night to the list while we’re at it 😉

9. Anonymous April 19, 2014 at 10:21 am

Another one Essie warm and toasty pretty close too.

10. Kim Lawrence January 9, 2016 at 12:40 am

A good dupe for Parlez vous is Below Deck by China Glaze.