Essie Sable Collar bottle

Essie Sable Collar

Essie Sable Collar bottleI’m not going to lie. Out of all of the polishes from Essie’s Winter 2013 Shearling Darling collection I was really unsure about this polish. Sometimes brown polishes are amazing but sometimes they’re just really bad. And not many fall in between. Luckily, this polish is pretty darn gorgeous.

Essie describes Sable Collar as a pearlescent cocoa plum. While I would never have come up with that description that is very accurate.

The formula is amazing.  I used just two coats in my swatches.

This polish has a whole lot of depth to it and is really quite gorgeous. But get it in the sun and it turns into an even more amazing polish! Dare I say I like it more than Parka Perfect?

There are swatches below the jump (including a couple in the sun!).

The Essie Winter 2013 collection is currently available on Ulta’s website and I have seen the display in drugstores.

Essie Sable Collar Essie Sable Collar swatch Essie Sable Collar 2 Essie Sable Collar label Essie Sable Collar sun Essie Sable Collar sun 2

9 thoughts on “Essie Sable Collar

1. Jade October 24, 2013 at 11:25 am

This is absolutely gorgeous! Although it looks a bit standard, it has that extra pearly quality. It is so flattering on you as well.

• Alli October 24, 2013 at 10:31 pm

The color seems rather common but there’s just a little something extra that makes this polish special 🙂

2. Lorraine Valdespino October 24, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I am in heaven with this one- it is SO up my alley it is not even funny. More like this, Essie, please! I love that smokey veil it has and the way it does reflect some mauvey purplish tones in certain lights. You have to see this one IRL, people! this is the effect I was hoping for from Tom Ford Black Sugar. But this round- Essie wins.

• Alli October 24, 2013 at 10:32 pm

It really is gorgeous! Essie hits it out of the ball part with dark polishes. Wish they’d do more!

3. Nail Polish Society October 24, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Yep, this is exactly my kind of color. Going on the wish list….now!

• Alli October 24, 2013 at 10:32 pm