deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements cover

deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements

deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements coverIf I was the betting type I’d bet Deborah Lippmann is an Adele fan.

A few weeks ago I reviewed a polish from deborah lippmann called Rolling In The Deep. And today I have Chasing Pavements!

This, along with She Bop, Lilac Wine and 99 Luftbaloons, Chasing Pavements is a Sephora exclusive deborah lippmann polish to celebrate Sephora carrying deborah lippmann polish.

Chasing Pavements is a light, dove grey creme. I’ve really been into these kinds of grays this fall. They’re a nice change from the grays of season’s past that had a dirty or brown undertone.

The formula is, per usual, fantastic. I used two coats in all my swatches.

I tried to find a dupe in my collection (as deborah lippmann polishes are on the expensive side) but couldn’t find one. The closest I could come up with was Cover Girl Silver Lining.

There are swatches under the jump!

The product(s) used in this post were provided to TDV for review. For more information check out our disclosure policy.

deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements swatch deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements 2 deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements MACRO deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements 3

17 thoughts on “deborah lippmann Chasing Pavements

1. M October 17, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Such a beautiful shade. Reminds me of Maybelline Color Show Audacious Asphalt, but more brown based (and I’m sure this has a formula that’s 100x better!)

• Alli October 17, 2013 at 7:18 pm

It really is beautiful. Not a word I ever thought I’d use to describe a gray polish…

2. Paint Those Piggies October 17, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I love this polish, it looks so delicate and pretty.

• Alli October 17, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Me too!

• Katie October 18, 2013 at 8:28 am

That’s exactly what I was thinking – oh, how delicate and pretty!

3. Shaunna October 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Gorgeous color! What about NYC Sidewalkers as a (close) dupe? It’s just slightly darker and much cheaper, with a decent, dry-fast formula.

• Alli October 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm

It looks a bit darker but along the same lines. I’ll have to check that out!

• Shaunna October 18, 2013 at 12:13 pm

You inspired me to pull out Sidewalkers to put on today, and it definitely is darker. Kind of like a wet cement color while this pretty one is more dry cement.

• Alli October 18, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I love that way of comparing the 2 colors! Brilliant.

4. Julia Steele Scott October 17, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Ok so you are going to think I am a total weirdo for writing this but anyway. Did you ever see that episode of friends where Joey finds his “identical hand twin” in Vegas? Well I swear you are my identical hand twin! I always thought your nail beds looked really similar to mine, and now that you are squaring your nails I’m like “IDENTICAL HAND TWIN!”

Check out my blog and tell me if you think so! It’s at (I promise I am not spamming you!)

• Alli October 17, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Oh my gosh, you’re right! We do have really similar hands. That’s so weird! haha

5. Tanguera April 30, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I know this is an older post, but I love this shade. I already have Zoya “Dove” but this is appearing lighter on my monitor, with maybe a touch of blue. If you have Dove, I’d love to know if they are pretty much identical or if Pavements is different. Thanks!

• Alli May 1, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I don’t have Dove but from what I can tell from swatches you are right; Chasing Pavements is lighter and a bit more blue.

• tanguera May 1, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Thanks, I might “need” this one then, LOL.

6. Pingback: Barielle Gray Sky