Now, I’m not one that follows seasonal color rules. If I want to wear hot pink nail polish in November, I will. But, I do like to use nail polish to incorporate the trendy colors of any given season into my wardrobe.
This season’s colors are deep and rich. Pretty much right up my alley!
Below the jump are my fall nail polish colors picks along with several recommended polishes for each. Make sure to leave a comment with your must have fall polishes!
1. Gray: I realize that sounds kind of boring. But, there is nothing boring about the gray polishes for this fall! This year’s grays have blue undertones. This takes the gray away from being muddy and makes it the perfect neutral that won’t clash with whatever colors are going on elsewhere in your look. My favorite gray release this year is Essie Cashmere Bathrobe because it has just a hint of shimmer to it. Other great options are OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! and China Glaze Concrete Catwalk.
2. Acai: Or deep purple. But not so deep that it looks black. I love this shade of purple. It’s deep and rich and perfect for fall. China Glaze released Queen B in their fall 2013 collection that fits into this color category perfectly. Other polishes you might already have in your collection are OPI Sapphire in the Snow and OPI OPI….Eurso Euro.
3. Olive Green: This is the one color for fall I wasn’t totally sold on. I for some reason associate olive green with a very ugly color. Now, I wouldn’t want to wear a lot of olive green, but it’s really kind of gorgeous as a nail color. Fight Like a Girl from the PISTOL polish September duo completely won me over. Another good option is the newly released Loden Green from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line.
4. Navy: My mother always tells me navy never goes out of style. And to an extent she’s right. But, navy is everywhere this fall. And it’s a great alternative to black polish (that really does never go out of style!). My new favorite navy is deborah lippmann Rolling in the Deep. But there are a slew of wonderful navy polishes out there including butter LONDON Royal Navy and Essie After School Boy Blazer.
5. Oil Slick: No, it’s not technically a color. But the oil slick look, a metallic polish that shifts from purple to green, is everywhere! Both OPI (Peace & Love & OPI) and Essie (For the Twill of It) included such polishes in their fall 2013 collections. There are a ton of these types of polishes on the market, including NARS Disco Inferno and wet n wild Gray’s Anatomy.