OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not

OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not

OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me NotIt’s no secret I’m a fan of  Pretty Little Liars. In the past I’ve done an Ashley Benson inspired manicure as well as a recreation of one of her manis from the show. This was all a really long preface to a funny,  yet morbid little story.

Years ago when I was watching the first episode of Pretty Little Liars and saw the opening credits my first thought went something like this: Oh my gosh what nail polish do I want to be wearing when I die!

Morbid, I know! But I immediately texted Katie and told her that along with her other pre agreed upon duties when I die she was to make sure OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not was on my nails before burial! She immediately agreed. These are the things best friends are for, right?

Anyway! Louvre Me Louvre Me Not was originally released in OPI’s Fall 2008 La Collection de France and is one of my all time favorite polishes. In the bottle it’s stunning. On the nail it’s even better!

Louvre Me Louvre Me Not is a gorgeous red based purple packed with red and purple shimmer.

The formula is a bit thin due to the fact it’s one of those jelly creme hybrid formulas. While this means three coats are required it gives the polish quite a bit of depth.

OPI did add this to their permanent collection (yay!). It’s pretty easy to find in stores and is also available online at drugstore.com.

Below the jump there are a slew of swatches including swatches in the sun and shade (this polish is quite the chameleon!).

OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not swatch OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not 2 OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not MACRO OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not MACRO 2 OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not sun OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not Sun 2 OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not shade OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not 3

7 thoughts on “OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not

1. Magda September 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Beautiful under every kind of light! I understand your choice to spend eternity with it… 😉
    As for me, I’ll write on my will (when I get round to actually making one) that I want to go wearing China Glaze Sea Spray and Pirouette My Whistle as top coat.

• Alli September 21, 2013 at 6:01 pm

That sounds like a pretty combo!

I didn’t think about putting it in my will. That’s a stellar idea!

• pikrodafni September 22, 2013 at 8:07 am

Our heirs will call us crazy for the next thousand years, but who cares – we’ll be dead! 😉

2. Lorraine Valdespino September 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm

gorgeous. OPI really should make more of the French and the Russian collection permanent line. Gorgeous beautiful and complex shades in those 2. I should have picked up more of them. I do have I’m Fondue of you, and I love it. I hope whoever does your pre burial mani does you justice. Your manis are perfect. I was planning on cremation so I guess I don’t have to choose? more concerned about who will get my stash when I die. 🙂

• Alli September 21, 2013 at 6:03 pm

The France and Russia collections were almost flawless. Both collections need more love!

Aw, thank you! I figure I’ll just let all my girlfriends pretend to grieve but secretly fight over my stash. It’ll be entertaining to watch!

3. Julia September 23, 2013 at 12:47 am

The thing I love about your blog is that it always reminds me to wear some of the stunning colours I added to my collection so long ago! This shade was I think my second OPI purchase of all time….it started something and I’ve never looked back!

• Alli September 23, 2013 at 11:39 am

Aww, that makes me happy! I like reviewing older polishes simply because I know so many people have them in their stash yet haven’t worn them in ages.

This is such a classic. I can definitely see this being a polish that would get anyone addicted to OPI!