Celeb Nails Vanessa Hudgens 2

Celeb Nails: Vanessa Hudgens

Celeb Nails Vanessa Hudgens 2It’s been awhile since I did a celebrity inspired manicure. This one is courtesy of Vanessa Hudgens.

Vanessa wore her version of this manicure back in May. I really loved the way it looked though I wasn’t sure how it would translate to my much shorter nails. It was also slightly harsh for my liking.

To make the look more wearable I used deborah lippmann Pseudo Silk Kimono as the base instead of a plain white creme like Vanessa used. I also opted for navy polka dots (deborah lippmann Rolling in the Deep) instead of black polka dots.

I really loved the end result and the small changes made this manicure chic and completely wearable. Plus, it even worked for an Auburn gameday manicure!

Make sure to leave your thoughts on my recreation of Vanessa’s mani in a comment below! And as always, there are more swatches below the jump.

Deborah Lippmann Nail Art Celeb Nails Vanessa Hudgens Vanessa Hudgens Nails

8 thoughts on “Celeb Nails: Vanessa Hudgens

1. Magda September 12, 2013 at 11:26 am

Cute! I have the tools to make the dots, but haven’t bothered using them yet. Maybe I’ll (shamelessly) copy this… 🙂

• Alli September 12, 2013 at 4:41 pm

You’ll be shamelessly copying a copier! haha

2. Lorraine Valdespino September 12, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Oh, snap! this is gorgeous! I have been inspired by your post on Deborah Lippmann’s Psuedo Silk Kimono to break out my Orly Au Champagne and have been wearing a mixed texture mani with this and OPI Alcatraz rocks liquid sand. Navy pairs really well with it and softens the brightness of the white. Are you planning a post on Rolling in the Deep? Pretty please? would love to see your swatches and review of that one, too.

• Alli September 12, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Ohh…that sounds like a pretty combo!

I will be reviewing Rolling In The Deep eventually. Hopefully soon! I haven’t used it other than for this mani yet. But I’m excited to try it!

3. Nat September 12, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Simple and elegant. I like yours better. Her nails are too long and the colors are stark (not to mention unimaginative). On you it looks ‘tuxedo’-ish. I don’t think I would have given Ms Hudgens mani more than a ‘meh’…

Wow, you sure do have a steady hand… 🙂

• Alli September 12, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I don’t love her nail shape. Regardless of length. Idk…just doesn’t appeal to me!

I like my recreation better. It’s just more wearable. But now I sound like I’m tooting my own horn… But thank you 🙂

4. Preppy Girl Meets World September 12, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I like your version more. It looks so much more wearable.

• Alli September 12, 2013 at 7:20 pm