CND Vinylux Midnight Swim bottle

CND Vinylux Midnight Swim

CND Vinylux Midnight Swim bottleMy experience with CND products is very, very limited. There is, of course, the famous (in my mind) CND Stickey debacle. And quite awhile ago I tried one of the CND Effects polishes that I really liked. But otherwise nothing CND has done really made me want to try their products.

Enter the new Vinylux polishes. I was really fascinated by the promo images and all the claims CND was making about these new polishes. The Vinylux polishes are supposed to be a middle ground between gel polish and just regular nail polish. CND claims that these polishes do not need a base coat, dry in just 8 and a half minutes and dry to a high shine finish that lasts 7 days. A lamp is not needed with these polishes because natural light hardens the polish as you wear it. Um, sign me up!

The Vinylux line of polishes has over 60 shades. So when I ran across them at Beauty Brands I was a bit overwhelmed. Of course I went straight to my safe zone…dark and shimmery. It was just so gorgeous in the bottle!

Midnight Swim is a deep, blackened navy packed with gorgeous shimmer. The color is nothing new or unique. It’s along the same lines as Essie Midnight Cami or Rimmel Midnight Blue. But let me tell you…the formula of this polish is just beautiful. It applies smoothly and evenly in two coats. I can’t even put into words how amazing the formula is. Midnight Swim will definitely be my go to shimmery navy polish in the future based on the formula alone.

Now onto the big question; wear time! If y’all are interested I will do a legitimate wear test with this product. But I do want to get the matching top coat in order to do that.

I wore this polish three (and a half) days. On the third day I was going to an Auburn alumni event so I replaced the polish on my ring finger with Essie No Place Like Chrome and an Auburn logo. But I did not do the rest of my nails (I quite frankly just didn’t have time!). The wear was impressive. Even in photos which show wear that the naked eye doesn’t see, there isn’t even any tip wear!

I’m a person that changes their polish alot. Especially dark colors because I can’t stand even small chips or tip wear. So to me the wear from this polish is really impressive.

Anyway, I’m definitely a fan of this polish and I plan on at the very least getting the matching top coat and perhaps a few additional colors.

Below the jump are a slew of swatches including a swatch in the sun (so gorgeous) and my day 3 Auburn mani.

CND Vinylux Midnight SwimCND Vinylux Midnight Swim 3 CND Vinylux Midnight Swim 2 CND Vinylux Midnight Swim MACRO CND Vinylux Midnight Swim MACRO 2 CND Vinylux Midnight Swim sun bottle CND Vinylux Midnight Swim sun CND Vinylux Midnight Swim 4 CND Vinylux Midnight Swim Auburn Nail Art CND Vinylux Midnight Swim War Eagle

14 thoughts on “CND Vinylux Midnight Swim

1. Nat August 31, 2013 at 11:38 am

Gorgeous! And I would LOVE to know if it really does last longer than others…but a week? I would be astonished. Is it the top coat that supposedly makes it last longer? If that’s the case, it makes me wonder if it would make any polish last longer…(too much to hope for I guess) 🙂

• Alli August 31, 2013 at 2:19 pm

The entire idea that natural light hardens the nail polish is what has me interested in trying the top coat. The regular polishes from the line also have the hardening ability I’m just thinking perhaps the combination of the two may really extend wear time.

Like I said in my post…this polish definitely wore better than a normal dark polish.

2. Stacey August 31, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Your post is so timely for me! I’ve been eyeing CND Vinylux since a friend posted on Facebook about it and just placed an order on Amazon for Dark Lava and the top coat the other day. Now I’m even more excited to try it after reading your review!

• Alli August 31, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Dark Lava looks really pretty. Hope it wears well for you!

3. Nat August 31, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I just read a comment on the Nail Polish Canada site that claims 16 days wear with the top coat. I may try this…and they have a color called ‘Lobster Roll’. For a Maritime Girl, this is just irresistable!

• pikrodafni August 31, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Once I had on a polish that lasted me 14 days (Simplicity by Mavala, if you are wondering). It didn’t last longer because my nails had grown and I could not stand the sight of the whole thing a minute longer. Be careful what you wish for. 🙂

• Alli September 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

I have a similar problem. I just like to change my nail polish way too much! haha

• Alli September 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

Really? That’s crazy! I’m definitely going to order the top coat (and perhaps another color…) and give it a go!

4. Nat August 31, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Excellent point, I hadn’t thought of that. But I’d still love to find out…:)

5. mntrinemo August 31, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I would LOVE and appreciate if you did a wear test with the top coat! I am also very curious about staining…not using a base coat is against my np religion.

• Alli September 1, 2013 at 11:26 am

There was no way I was going to put a dark blue polish on my nails with absolutely no base coat! I’ll have to try the no base coat route with a lighter color, lol

6. Huong December 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I ordered this on amazon, and it has a chunky jelly texture. Was this your experience? I wonder if I got a defective bottle.

• Alli December 17, 2013 at 9:24 am

Not at all! The formula was smooth and not a jelly.