OPI - Royal Flush Blush with Pearls

OPI – Royal Flush Blush

OPI - Royal Flush BlushGood morning! I have a confession…Royal Flush Blush has been hanging out in my “stuck lid box” for more than a year – and yesterday I decided it was time to set her free! (Note: If you have trouble with stuck lids, be sure to check out Alli’s DIY). Now…where was I? Three and a half years ago I declared OPI’s Royal Flush Blush to be my favorite pink polish. While, my polish collection was quite a bit smaller then, this classic stands the test of time and is still – as I said in my original post – my favorite pink polish, hands down, no questions asked.

Originally released in 2002 as a part of the Las Vegas Collection, Royal Flush Blush is a salon staple and it’s easy to see why. It’s a delicate frosted pearly pink. I’ve read some reviews that describe it as coral – of all the words I’d use to describe this polish – coral most definitely not come to mind. However, it’s very possible that there are multiple versions floating around. Even after 5 years, RFB was a breeze to apply – I just used three smooth coats and slapped some Seche Vite on top.

Unfortunately, this polish is no longer a part of OPI’s Classics Collection. However, I’m sure there are bottles in stores & it’s widely available online: Walgreens.com, Drugstore.com, and Amazon.com – just to name a few.

Now – tell me! What’s your favorite pink polish? More below? Of course.

Found some old faux pearls that I bought for a “Pink, Plaid, and Pearls” theme party in college…

OPI - Royal Flush Blush with Pearls

And then I accidentally forced flash….

OPI - Royal Flush Blush (Flash)

That’s all she wrote! Have a gorgeous Monday!

13 thoughts on “OPI – Royal Flush Blush

1. pikrodafni August 19, 2013 at 9:44 am

Not my favourite shade of pink – and pearl, to boot, OMG…! My friends call it “grandma’s nail polish”… I’ve been creating frankens with my old pearl polishes and new cream/jelly ones, I quite like the results. 🙂

• Katie August 19, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Alli would probably agree with you 🙂

2. Emiline Harris (@N_P_Society) August 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I just got a lip unstuck on one of my bottles this weekend too! It had been months, years, who knows.. Finally got off my butt and got it open. Yay for me. 🙂 Favorite pink polish? Hmm, I really love my Essie Secret Stash.

• Katie August 20, 2013 at 1:25 am

Ugh, now you’re making me feel guilty for not unsticking the rest of the lids…. 🙂

Secret Stash is really pretty – I don’t own it and had to look it up – but it’s a fun pink!

3. mntrinemo August 19, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I am impressed that you used up a good half of the bottle! The only polish I’ve ever put that much of a dent in is OPI LAPD. Oh…and my favorite pink polish is Sinful Social Ladder. That was my 1st Sinful polish (along with Snow Me White) that has led me to a love affair with that line. I have 131 Sinful polishes (oh my!)

• Katie August 20, 2013 at 1:24 am

What are some of your favorite Sinfuls? I have a handful – and by handful… maybe 15-20? I should own more. 🙂

I just checked out social ladder – it’s lovely! I really go bananas (yeah, I said that..) over work appropriate, classy colors. I don’t know, they make me feel more feminine and proper. I’m so weird…

• mntrinemo August 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Off the top of my head 2 favorites are Bali Mist, a lovely purpley pink sort of holo-ish that is a great topper and Neon Melon which is fluorescent highlighter yellow, very fun for toes over underwear. I’ve also used the Melon to highlight the delete key on my laptop.

I’m at work now so I add a few more later.

• Katie August 21, 2013 at 1:26 am

Ohhh — I wonder how close Bali Mist is to Purple Diamond! It’s gorgeous!

I LOVE that you used Melon to highlight your delete key! Maybe I’ll do something similar to my work computer – our tech guy is currently having a melt down because I had stickers on my work lap top 😉

• mntrinemo August 20, 2013 at 11:57 pm

A few more favorites…..
        Cinderella, a pale blue glass fleck similar to Social Ladder but more opaque.
        Pinky Glitter, clear holo small glitter in soft pink jellyish base, fairly opaque in 2 coats w/out underwear
        Happy Ending, a bright lime-y green that matches the color of my car (A Mazda2 that looks like a giant Skittle)

• Katie August 21, 2013 at 1:23 am

I love Cinderella! I feel like I have or had Pinky Glitter – I might need to go check! 🙂

4. Maureen August 20, 2013 at 3:31 am

My favorite pink polish is China Glaze Afterglow (OPI Rosy Future is a dupe). It’s got a blue duochrome flash that is really special. 🙂 Glad you got a favorite back and thanks for the link about unsticking polish.

• Katie August 20, 2013 at 11:43 am

Afterglow is so pretty!!! Beautiful blue flash. I subtle duochromes like that!