Essie Turquoise & Caicos 3

Essie Turquoise & Caicos

Essie Turquoise & Caicos 3Oh hello, old friend. Without fail as summer starts to wind down I begin thinking longingly about Essie Turquoise & Caicos. I remember the color fondly and it came from my all time favorite Essie collection; the 2010 resort collection.

Sadly, as time passes, I seem to forget what a horrible formula this polish has. I inevitably become frustrated while applying Turquoise & Caicos but become determined to power through 4 carefully applied coats to achieve a lovely slightly dusty turquoise green color.

To this day, the 2010 resort collection display is my favorite Essie display. It was all around a gorgeous collection, but the formula of all the polishes I tried from the collection were lacking. But, if you’re willing to put the time and patience into a manicure with Turquoise & Caicos the end result is lovely.

Lapis of Luxury (or Lapiz of Luxury as they’re calling it nowadays) is my favorite polish from the 2010 resort collection but Turquoise & Caicos is a close second!

Essie did add Turquoise & Caicos to their permanent line so it can be found anywhere Essie is sold.

There are a slew of swatches below the jump.

Essie Turquoise & Caicos label Essie Turquoise & Caicos Essie Turquoise & Caicos 2 Essie Turquoise & Caicos MACRO Essie Turquoise & Caicos MACOR2

12 thoughts on “Essie Turquoise & Caicos

1. Shaunna August 17, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I am wearing this today! The 2010 Resort collection is what started my nail polish obsession. Turquoise and Caicos is a perfect end-of-summer color. Love your blog!

• Alli August 17, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Thank you!

The 2010 Resort collection was GORGEOUS!

2. Chelsea Heidt August 17, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Sometimes doing one coat of the polish, then one coat of matte topcoat, and then another of the polish can help with streakiness–though I know this one can still be a bit sheer.

• Alli August 17, 2013 at 9:18 pm

This isn’t even really streaky….the formula just lacks pigmentation.

I find the matte top coat trick works best on metallics.

3. Nat August 17, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Lovely. You make it seem effortless…

Four coats? Seriously?? Yargh. Thanks for the heads up!

• Alli August 18, 2013 at 10:41 am

Yep, 4 coats. Pain in the rear!

4. pikrodafni August 18, 2013 at 12:12 am

T&C is not really my colour but… I wonder if it’s your camera, or my screen, or if the colours you get are not quite the same as we do… I see Lapiz of Luxury everywhere over here, but I swear it’s a much more electric shade of blue… If it looked dusty periwinkle like yours I would be stocking up right now, but it does not. I don’t get it. 🙁

• Alli August 18, 2013 at 10:43 am

There is nothing electric about Lapis (Lapiz?) of Luxury. Mine is from the original release, so I suppose it’s possible when Essie went retail and changed the name the color also changed. I’m not sure.

5. Julia August 19, 2013 at 12:27 am

The formula is just tooooo crap – have you tried finding another polish to satisfy the colour craving? In a similar vein I can recommend Honeydew by Picture Polish and their formula is AMAZING! I have so many mint greens like this, just love them!

• Alli August 19, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I have quite a few that are very, very close to this polish but none that have that slight dustiness. I’ll check out the Picture Polish. I’ve had great luck with their polishes 🙂

• sarahjaneb September 6, 2013 at 9:32 am

I think Zoya Wednesday is pretty close.