China Glaze Strawberry Fields bottle

China Glaze Strawberry Fields

China Glaze Strawberry Fields bottleThere was a time in my life when I was completely obsessed with this nail polish. I picked it up on a whim at Sally’s one day and fell hard for its jelly shimmery goodness.

Back in 2009 when this polish was released as part of the China Glaze Summer Days collection China Glaze was a brand I wasn’t all that familiar with. I missed the entire collection which I’m still sad about. I’ve been slowly collecting polishes from the Summer Days collection. Perhaps one day I’ll own them all!

Strawberry Fields is a red leaning medium pink jelly with gorgeous gold glass fleck glitter. It’s really beautiful on the nail and great for the warmer weather.

The formula is a bit on the thin side, but that can be blamed on the fact Strawberry Fields is a jelly. I used three coats in my swatches.

I still love this polish. That being said, it doesn’t much resemble a strawberry! And when I’m wearing this polish I continually have Strawberry Fields by The Beatles stuck in my head. I guess there are worse things, right?

Fortunately, China Glaze added this polish to their permanent line (yay!!) so it’s available at Sally Beauty.

There are swatches and other fun stuff below the jump!

China Glaze Strawberry Fields China Glaze Strawberry Fields Forever China Glaze Strawberry Fields 3 China Glaze Strawberry Fields 2 China Glaze Strawberry Fields MACRO China Glaze Strawberry Fields MACRO 2 China Glaze Strawberry Fields swatch China Glaze Strawberry Fields label

7 thoughts on “China Glaze Strawberry Fields

1. Stephanie July 31, 2013 at 10:09 am

I forgot how pretty that polish is. I’ll have to dig it out!

• Alli July 31, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I did too! Now I’ve fallen in love with it all over again!

2. Leigh July 31, 2013 at 12:20 pm

How often am I supposed to throw nail polish out? My collection is growing fast but I worry that in 2 years some of the polishes I am buying now won’t be good anymore and I hate the thought of buying something that is going to end up wasted 🙁

• Alli July 31, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Polish can last almost indefinitely if stored properly. I did a post on how to properly store nail polish. You can check it out here 🙂

3. Nikki NeverWithoutPolish July 31, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I love this polish! I pretty much love gold shimmer in anything!

If you need a good source for older polishes/collections — check out Head2Toe Beauty … I am relatively new to the nail polish/blogging-about-polish world, so when I discovered all the ‘old’ polishes that I’d missed out on, someone pointed me to that website. They are fairly inexpensive and have a big selection (including the Summer Days collection still).

• Alli August 1, 2013 at 10:44 am

I have used H2T in the past! Another good one is transdesign.