Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and BlueAm I the only one that was completely obsessed with The Little Mermaid when they were a kid? Being that my dream in life was to be Arial when I saw the Sally Hansen Under the Seal Complete Salon Manicure collection display that was released this past spring I had to stop and give it a good look. I ended up with Mermaid’s Tale (appropriate for an Arial wannabe) and Black and Blue.

Interestingly enough, Black and Blue brings me back to my teenage years. I was convinced a Backstreet Boy would one day be my boyfriend. That didn’t exactly pan out but now I do have a nail polish with the same name as a Backstreet Boy’s album and lets be honest, for a nail addict, that’s almost better than having a Backstreet Boy for a boyfriend.

Anyway! Black and Blue is, interestingly enough, neither black nor blue. In the bottle Black and Blue looks to be a shimmery blackened teal and purple duochrome. On the nail the teal translates more than the purple. At certain angles flashes of purple will show up but it’s not overly prevalent.

The formula is on the thin side. I used three coats in my swatches and still had some bare spots. This could definitely be used as a top coat over deep purple or black!

While I do like this polish and I’m glad that I have it I must say it feels a bit out of season. Come the cooler weather this will be a gorgeous polish to be rocking but right now I’m not so sure…

Make sure to check out all the swatches below the jump I(including pictures of how gorgeous the duochrome looked in the bottle!).

Sally Hansen Black and Blue Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue swatch Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue 2 Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue MACRO Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue 3 Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue Sun Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue label Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue bottle Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue bottle 2

8 thoughts on “Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Black and Blue

1. Cindi July 18, 2013 at 11:53 am

I just found my bottle of Black and Blue and I am definitely going to be using it this fall! I love that gorgeous color. It looks more teal than anything. How pretty. I have never used it so this is exciting to see how pretty this polish is. I will be using undies of a similar color base now hearing that you had to use 4 coats!!!

• Alli July 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm

It’s a completely gorgeous color and is going to be perfect for fall! I would definitely use a dark base…it’ll make things MUCH easier 🙂

2. Nat July 18, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Kind of reminds me of Space Cadet (Orly) or Hard Candy’s Beetle. (I’m sure there are more). Is it just the pictures or is it actually more green and purple than black and blue?

I love duochromes!

• Alli July 18, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Now that you mention it this does remind me a bit of those kinds of polishes! I think this one is a bit more flatter (for me) as it lacks that weird yellowy brown base.

And you are not seeing things….this definitely should have been named Teal and Purple…not Black and Blue!

3. beachgal July 18, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Ok – I got here – not sure how…but the link you sent out to re-subscribe due to you are on a new website (self hosted think it said) lead me to a dead page and a 404 with not a site – we are not here – check – ya-da-ya-da…so I am 100% lost now – no idea where or what you need me to do to keep my email subscription coming – clearly this is todays blog 7-18 put up 8 hrs ago it says….but it looks the same to me as the old one – maybe the URL is different??? don’t know. I am really lost…I need to know if you all are messing around or your site did not go live or maybe the link that was sent out to come and sign up again was wrong??? whatever – hoping I am not the first news you have of this hick-up in your change over.

• Alli July 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm

There was a dead link in the email I sent out that was, unfortunately, unavoidable. In hindsight I should have sent out that email before the new site went live. But we didn’t really know what we were doing. We kind of stumbled through it all and managed to make it go live last night after about an hour of down time.

This post is the first on the new site. The 2 sites look very similar. It’s not possible to get to the old site anymore. You’re in the right place.

I changed the email subscriptions and you are subscribed.

We’re slowly working through the hiccups. So sorry to cause you trouble!

4. pikrodafni July 19, 2013 at 2:04 am

Using Reader I get to the 404 page too. Luckily I had this site in my favourites, and that takes me here.

That said, I don’t get this “winter colours” thing. I wear the polishes I feel like wearing any day of the year – besides, winter is already a “sad” time, why wear dark colours to sadden it even more? (In the same line of thought, most of my umbrellas are red…! :))

• Alli July 19, 2013 at 11:26 am

Hmm…My RSS switched over without me doing anything on Bloglovin’. Hopefully this 404 issue will fix itself! I know it can take a couple days for the new switch over to be complete.

I’m not a person that follows winter vs summer colors strictly but some polishes just FEEL like cold weather polishes. I can’t even explain it! lol