Essie Sunday Funday bottle

Essie Sunday Funday

Essie Sunday Funday bottleIt seems like nail polish companies have finally caught on to Sunday Funday! China Glaze released a polish also called Sunday Funday with their spring collection though it is quite different from Essie’s version.

Essie describes Sunday Funday as a tangerine coral crush shimmer. That is fairly accurate. It’s a coral polish with orange undertones with the most lovely shimmer. It reminds me quite a bit of Rimmel Pop Apricot just a bit brighter.

Sunday Funday is a borderline jelly so I needed three coats to get an opaque color. The formula is lovely.

I love wearing this polish on Sundays just because of the name. But as Essie so eloquently put it, this polish can turn any day into a ridiculously good time.

Below the jump you will find many swatches including a swatch in the sun.

Happy Sunday Funday!

Essie Sunday FundayEssie Sunday Funday 2 Essie Sunday Funday 3 Essie Sunday Funday MACRO Essie Sunday Funday MACRO 2

8 thoughts on “Essie Sunday Funday

1. Cindi June 30, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I wish polishes wouldn’t use the same name as another company it gets confusing for me when I am buying as I will think I already have that polish (recognizing the name) and then get home and find out I don’t. That is a really nice coral for summer. Perfect for a pedicure! Or mani.

• Alli June 30, 2013 at 6:53 pm

It’s especially confusing when they are released so close together!

This really is the perfect summer polish 🙂

2. Shauna July 1, 2013 at 3:15 am

Gorg color! I’m brand new to your site, and living the color reviews. I’m just getting more into doing my nails regularly, and was wondering if you have tips somewhere on how to get gorgeous results like yours?

Thanks for all the pretty colors!

• Alli July 1, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I haven’t done a post on actually doing a manicure but I’ve done one on my nail care routine as well as tips for nail polish removal.

Welcome! Hope we continue to fuel your interest in polish 🙂

3. Lacky Corner July 1, 2013 at 6:57 am

Pretty color!

• Alli July 1, 2013 at 12:09 pm

4. Erin August 18, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Have you had any issues with this polish thickening? I loved it at first, but now it’s getting nearly impossible to work with! It isn’t even very old!

• Alli August 18, 2013 at 6:26 pm

I haven’t noticed that but I haven’t had my bottle very long. Try adding some nail polish thinner 🙂