Today is the official start of summer! I’m always excited when summer rolls around. I miss sundresses and the easiness that comes with summer. But then July and August happen and it becomes too hot to actually do anything and I wonder why I always get so excited.
Another reason I love summer is I love bright colors. I love bright colors in fashion and in beauty. While I am definitely one to wear bright lipstick and eye makeup I know that’s a bit scary for alot of people. Nail polish is by far the easiest way to work some bright colors into your everyday life.
Below the jump are (in my not so professional or expert opinion) the top 5 nail polish color trends for summer 2013. Let me know what your favorite color trends are for Summer 2013!
PS: If you’re curious about the polishes trends from last summer you can check those out here.
1. Lemon: Or just yellow if we’re not being fancy. Yellows that are in for summer are not your pastel spring yellows but bright yellows with orange undertones. This is not the most wearable color for everyone (myself included!) but if you have a skintone that tans this will look lovely on the beach. Some of my favorites are NYC Midtown Mimosa and Julep Daisy.
2. Plum: A surprising trend for summer but I love it. There are bright options like Essie DJ Play That Song and Nina Ultra Pro Punki Purple. But there are also darker, more red options like essence colour & go Plum Perfect and OPI Yes…I Can Can. Some of the darker ones seem like they would be fall colors but I love the idea of wearing them during the warmer months.
3. Tiffany Blue: Unlike the dusty greens for spring 2013, summer greens are are clean and have a blue undertone. Just like that famous Tiffany blue! China Glaze For Audrey is probably the most easily obtainable Tiffany blue polish, but there are other options like my favorite, Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter, and wet n wild megalast I Need a Refresh-mint. A slightly more subtle option is butter LONDON Poole.
4. Pink: Talk about groundbreaking, right? Pink for summer! But pinks are making a huge comeback. This year’s pinks are bright and fun. There are new releases like PISTOL polish Tough As Nails, China Glaze Drive Me Coconuts and Pixi Fluoro Flamingo, but also old favorites like OPI Strawberry Margarita.
5. Holographic: Technically not a color but a huge trend! It’s even showing up on Heidi Klum. Holographic polishes are great for a day out in the sun. My current favorite holographic polish is Ruby Wing Festival but GOSH Holographic Hero is a more traditional option.