JulieG Crushed Candy

JulieG Crushed Candy

JulieG Crushed CandyMy obsession with the textured nail polish trend continues! I’ve really been loving the JulieG Frosted Gum Drops collection. When I spotted the display I thought Crushed Candy was going to be a favorite. It’s purple and sparkly and textured…what’s not to love, right?

Crushed Candy is a red based medium purple that at times almost looks pink. The color is beautiful. Unfortunately it just didn’t work well with my skintone (it’s really obvious in this picture).

As with the other polishes I have tried from this collection, application was a breeze. I used just two coats in my swatches.

Blueberry Fizz is definitely still my favorite from the Frosted Gum Drops collection. But I still have a few more to try so we shall see!

Make sure to check out the additional swatches below the jump 🙂

JulieG Crushed Candy 2 JulieG Crushed Candy 3 JulieG Crushed Candy MACRO JulieG Crushed Candy MACRO 2

7 thoughts on “JulieG Crushed Candy

1. Alicia May 22, 2013 at 10:07 am

I haven’t gotten this one on my tips yet, but it’s been on my toes for almost 2 weeks WITH NO CHIPPING. I swear these polishes are made of steel. 🙂 I’m also loving the Julie G Gumdrops!

• Alli May 22, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I haven’t tried any of the textured polishes on my toes! I need to do that 🙂

2. Katie May 22, 2013 at 4:53 pm

3. Maureen May 24, 2013 at 1:45 am

I love Blueberry Fizz and I’m so glad you introduced me to Julie G AND textures. 🙂 Prior to that I didn’t have much interest in textured polishes. I am going to try OPI Jinx and Zoya Dhalia as well… but I really fell in love with Blueberry Fizz. I already want to wear it again and I really rarely repeat polishes, especially not in the first couple of weeks I own them. 🙂

4. Nat May 24, 2013 at 7:42 pm

My MIL is going to the U.S. on a shopping trip this weekend. I told her if she can get me all 6 shades of Frosted Gum Drops, I’ll give her all my six shades of the China Glaze textures. I loved the look of the CG in pictures, but it’s not working for me after all…I should learn to go with my first instinct. I wanted these from the start!

(Envious look)

(now a guilty look because of the envious look)

• Alli May 25, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I like the CG Textured polishes but these JulieG Gum Drop polishes are by far the best textured polishes I’ve used. They’re just gorgeous! I hope your MIL can get them for you 🙂