Revlon Eclectic

Revlon Eclectic

Revlon EclecticWhen I first saw the display for Revlon’s new polish releases this year I wasn’t overly impressed with the new colors. I immediately picked up both of the new glitters from their Top Speed line (Hearts of Gold FX and Celestial FX) but none of the new regular polishes were really calling my name. Even when I saw a different display for the same collection at Rite Aid I was really only attracted to Urban due to the fact Olivia Wilde is wearing it on the display!

But then (yes, this is where the but comes in…) the weather started warming up and I was beginning to wear brighter colors. I passed by the display several times and picked up Eclectic. Finally I decided I needed to give it a go.

Eclectic is a soft almost mint pale green creme. The color really is quite lovely and is a bit of a fresh take on the mint nail polish trend. Unfortunately, the formula is a nightmare! It is watery, thin and runny. None of these things make for an easy manicure!

I used 3 coats in my swatches and as you can tell, especially in a couple of the swatches below the jump, there are definite bald spots. Granted, they weren’t all that noticeable in person but it did bother me.

The formula issues are really too bad because this is a lovely color! I just can’t see myself reaching for this polish when it takes so much effort to get a decent looking result.

Make sure to check out the additional swatches below the jump. If you know of a similar polish or dupe of this polish please let me know in the comments below!

Revlon Eclectic 3 Revlon Eclectic 2 Revlon Eclectic MACRO Revlon Eclectic MACRO 2

13 thoughts on “Revlon Eclectic

1. beachgal April 22, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I have always had a weak spot for these kind of dusty jade greens – too bad it’s a Revlon – I seem to get horrible wear/chipping from Revlon to the point I don’t even look for it anymore if there is a shade I like.

• Alli April 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Usually, I have pretty good luck with Revlon polishes. This one was just a miss!

2. Cindi April 22, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I love that fresh mint color too. I went through my stash and it looks like OPI Mermaid’s Tears (a bit dustier and grayer), China Glaze For Audrey (leans a bit brighter bluer tinged) Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Jaded (slightly dustier and more muted), or Sinful Colors Sinful Shine Rendezvous (shimmers and slightly more blue-grayer) might all be close enough not to need them all. I haven’t swatched though so it is just an eyeball guess in bright sunlight with the bottles side by side. Well, take back For Audrey, it really is more blue than the other 4 and they are close enough that the difference is barely perceptible. You could probably get by with wearing them all and no one would notice but you.

• Alli April 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Sometimes I feel like 90% of my stash is unnecessary because to anyone else all those blues or greens are exactly the same! haha

• Katie April 22, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I love Mermaid’s Tears!

3. Lorraine April 22, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Very pretty! that is one I passed up. The thing I am upset about with Revlon’s new line is that they discontinued so many of the older colors! So we are stuck with the new collection plus a few classics, like Vixen and Cherries in the Snow. I mean, I like Bubblegum Days and Urban nights but not that much! They should concentrate on the core line (what they do best IMO) more and less on the nail art duos and glitter top coats.

• Alli April 22, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Polishes like this should be limited edition. Or, they could have a couple from these new releases to their core line. But I agree, they need to stop discontinuing so many great core polishes!

• Katie April 22, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Agreed on the nail art duos – though I’ve looked many times I’ve never really been tempted to buy one…

4. Katie April 22, 2013 at 9:53 pm

It looks so pretty on you though.

5. fivezero April 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Oh that is so pretty! Haven’t checked out Revlon in a while.

6. Magda April 28, 2013 at 8:25 am

I love this colour but I’m having problems with the Revlon formula, it chips way too soon. Not the one I choose if I need my polish to last more than a day or two. 🙁

• Alli April 28, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I’ve had better luck with the ColorStay line in terms of wear but still Revlon wears pretty well on me. Sorry it doesn’t work for you! That sucks.