Essie In The Cab-ana

Essie In The Cab-ana

Essie In The Cab-anaI have such a love affair with Essie’s Resort collections. Most of my favorite Essie polishes have come from Resort collection from years past so I was pretty excited when I saw the promo image form the 2013 Resort collection; In the Cab-ana. When I saw the display at Ulta I knew I had to own In The Cab-ana! It’s no secret I have a thing for blue polishes.

Essie calls In The Cab-ana a “fab, or self-assured aqua”.  I’m not sure it’s really bright enough to be a true aqua but it’s nearing that general direction. Either way, the color is gorgeous and perfect for the spring and summer!

The formula is fab (ha!). I used just two coats in my swatches.

Me being me I of course had to spice up this manicure a bit. In fashion mixing textures is huge right now so I decided to take that idea and use it for a manicure. I added an accent nail using China Glaze Bump & Grind. The result was amazing! I loved it. I got so many compliments on my manicure.

Below the jump there are swatches of that manicure along with additional swatches of In The Cab-ana.

Essie In The Cab-ana 2 Essie In The Cab-ana MACRO2 Essie In The Cab-ana MACRO Essie In The Cab-ana and China Glaze Bump & Grind Essie In The Cab-ana and China Glaze Bump & Grind 2 Essie In The Cab-ana and China Glaze Bump & Grind MACRO

11 thoughts on “Essie In The Cab-ana

1. Erin-Paint Those Piggies April 8, 2013 at 11:35 am

Gorgeous polish, it will be on my blog tomorrow 🙂 I love the red accent nail, it really pops.

• Alli April 8, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Thank you!

2. Cindi April 8, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I love this color! It was the first one I purchased from the new collection. However, I will point out that Essie is tricky in giving us the same shades over and over and altering them ever so slightly so they are the same but different and this is very very close to Where’s My Chauffeur. In the Cab-ana is just a shade darker. I still love this color though and a girl can never have too much polish. This combo says summer to me and I can’t wait for sundresses and sandals!

• Alli April 8, 2013 at 6:04 pm

They’ve been REALLY bad about that since they went retail.

You are right….this is very similar to Where’s My Chauffeur.

3. trinarosalee April 19, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Oh my gosh! I seriously love this color! I just recently purchased it and all i want to do is wear this 24/7…of course that won’t happen because I’m changing my nails all the time, but I still love it!

• Alli April 20, 2013 at 11:23 am

Haha….I have the same problem! This is a gorgeous color, though:)

• kokobella April 21, 2013 at 2:33 pm

lol. I’m glad I’m not the only one!