Spring is finally here! Or so the calendar says. Here in Charlotte after teasing us with nice spring weather over the St. Patrick’s Day weekend it’s gone back to being a bit too cold to put the boots and sweaters away just yet. Regardless, I’ve moved away from winter appropriate polishes into spring colors.
Below the jump are my 5 must have polish colors for this spring. I’d love to know what your top 5 picks for spring are so make sure to leave them in a comment!
1. Poppy Red: After season after season being dominated by deep, Chianti reds we’re finally moving on to brighter more fun reds for spring! My favorite new poppy red release is Essie Hip-Anema. Other great options include PISTOL polish Firecracker, wet n wild fastdry Everybody Loves Redmond and Orly Haute Red.
2. Deep Blue: Pantone likes to call this “Monaco Blue” but really it’s just a deep blue that is not navy. OPI released OPI…Eurso Euro in their Spring 2013 Euro Centrale collection and it fits this category perfectly. A couple other options include Orly La Playa and Revlon Urban.
3. Dusty Blue: Or Dusk Blue. Whichever you call it this blue is my favorite of the spring 2013 color trends. Both Orly, with Boho Bonnet, and OPI, with Can’t Find My Czechbook, released dusty blue polishes as part of their Spring 2013 collections. PISTOL polish Pay Day is my current favorite dusty blue polish (and it’s a jelly!).
4. Dusty Jade: I’m so glad that we’re finally moving away from mint greens. This spring’s greens are a little more subtle and have a gray or slightly dusty undertone. I got hooked on this type of color after trying NCLA AM: Beauty Sleep, PM: Shopping Spree. Less yellow options include OPI Mermaid’s Tears (or SinfulColors Open Seas) and JulieG Shark’s Cove.
5. Texture: Ok, it’s not a color, but textured polishes are a huge trend for this spring. Things have moved past caviar and velvet manicures to OPI’s Liquid Sand and Zoya’s Pixie Dust polishes. My favorite liquid sand polish is Can’t Let Go. Katie really loved Zoya Nyx. Both Milani and JulieG will have textured polishes in the drugstore soon!