China Glaze - Budding Romance

China Glaze – Budding Romance

China Glaze - Budding RomanceIf you know me, you know I don’t wear green all that often. Minty greens have a solid hold on my heart, but overall I’d say that green is more of an Alli color than a Katie color. However, when I started seeing promo pictures of China Glaze’s Avant Garden collection I could not wait to get my hands on this one, so naturally when my order arrived, this was the first one I tried.

Budding Romance is from the Blooming Brights side of Avant Garden. It brings to mind lovely spring visions: moss growing on a rock by a river or one of the many shades of green that let us know winter is finally over. It’s  a delicious jelly/creme hybrid and I love it.

First coat is very sheer, but it builds nicely with 3 coats. Application was smooth and easy. Overall, if you’re into funky greens or ugly/beautiful polishes – this is a sure bet.

If you had to pick your top 2 must haves from this collection, what would you pick?

Happy Friday!

10 thoughts on “China Glaze – Budding Romance

1. shortandsweetintexas March 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

I’m wearing green today too! I think I’m going to break down and just order some of these new colors since I can’t find them anywhere locally yet. My top two would be this one and Passion for Petals…though it’s pretty hard to just select two colors!

• Katie March 1, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I agree 🙂 I got passion for petals too! They were the two I was drawn to first 🙂

2. Alli March 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Kind of reminds me of split pea soup…….

3. Cindi March 1, 2013 at 4:28 pm

That is pretty and I am a green person, but when I was at the store the one that caught my eye and came home with me was Fade into Hue, a lavendar blue color, I don’t know I guess I am feeling Springy and the olive green was too autumnal for me.

• Katie March 1, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Oh, I suppose you’re right – it’d be nice in autumn. I think I’m so hung up on the cold, dreary, wet, winter we’ve had that really I’m craving the first signs of spring greens. I looked at Fade into Hue but decided to pass, I have a lot of similar shades… I’d love to know what you think though!

4. Nat March 1, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Worn with some thing white and pastel coral pink, this would look very asian, like a painted paper fan…how peaceful and delicate…like a cool spring evening when the youngs shoots shudder in the breeze…

Just lovely.

• Katie March 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Great visual! I might try that..

5. Pingback: Zoya – Piaf