pixi - classy cocoa

Pixi – Classy Cocoa

pixi - classy cocoaI was so excited when Pixi sent Alli their new fall colors: Amazing Amethyst, Classy Cocoa, and Evening Emerald. Of the three, I was immediately drawn to this polish. See, I want to love brown polish, I’ve tried – I just haven’t found a brown I really and truly like. Once I saw it in Alli’s Scalloped Nails post, I was over the moon. Could this finally be it? A brown polish for me!?

….but then life got a little crazy and this little fella sat in my mani basket for months. A few nights ago we were having a TDV Meeting and she mentioned this polish, so I grabbed it and put it on. I can’t even begin to express how much I regret not trying it sooner!

I have a love affair with earthy tones when it comes to nail polish: dusty green, taupe, beige. Love them all. They make me feel classy (appropriate!) and chic. Classy Cocoa fit right in, and I have found a brown nail lacquer that I love!

The polish was slightly thick, but it wasn’t bothersome or goopy. I used two coats and am very pleased with the results.

You can grab Pixi Nail Polish at Target or on Pixi’s website for $8 for .25 oz.

For another pretty picture, check below!

The product(s) used in this post were provided to TDV for review. For more information check out our disclosure policy.

Look! Gorgeous!

pixi - classy cocoa2

Oh my goodness. I cannot get over how pretty this is! A beautiful brown polish!

Who knew?

15 thoughts on “Pixi – Classy Cocoa

1. shortandsweetintexas January 29, 2013 at 10:29 am

I adore brown polishes! This one is definitely going on my wish list.

• Katie January 29, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Yay! Do you have any others to recommend? Brown polish may soon become an obsession…

• shortandsweetintexas January 29, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Slick Slate is one of my favorites, though that one is more of a taupe/sable brown. OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys is my go to polish when I want a nice chocolate brown.

• Katie January 29, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I’ll have to check those two out! Thank you!

2. Amanda January 29, 2013 at 1:02 pm

This is a very classy looking polish…and oh so pretty 🙂

• Katie January 29, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Classy indeed! I was actually gushing about it to Alli (forgetting she’d used it) and I said IT’S SO CLASSY! And then laughed because of course the name is… Classy Cocoa 🙂

3. Cindi January 29, 2013 at 2:07 pm

So pretty. I love the shimmers in that polish and they are definitely on your nail. Don’t you just love it when a polish actually looks on your nail like it does in the bottle? I am looking for the perfect brown polish for my skintone too. I have my eye on Milani Chocolate Sprinkles. But now I think I may have to check out the Pixi display at Target. I have seen it but never ever stopped to look before at what they offer.

• Katie January 29, 2013 at 6:15 pm

There is nothing more frustrating than having a polish be gorgeous in the bottle and dull on the nail. I can think of so many examples – so I was really excited that this translated almost perfectly! I haven’t tried Milani Chocolate Sprinkles but I just googled it and now I may have to be on the look out for it…

4. Luchessa January 29, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Amazing!! Its def my kind of color 🙂 I never tried Pixi polishes though.

• Katie January 29, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I’d say they are definitely worth a try If there is a color you are really excited about 🙂 let me know if you do!!

5. danceswithkitties January 29, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Love love love this blog (and your twitter/facebook page too!) I love both of your posts, you guys compliment each other well. I know you guys swap your collection a lot, but your posts seem to review a wider variety of polish brands, and Alli’s posts encompass nail art and other DIY nail related tutorials. Even your different skin tones balance each other out!

• Katie January 29, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Thank you so much! This really means a lot, I’d never really thought about it that way but you describe us perfectly!

Thank you again! This made my day 🙂

6. Elena January 29, 2013 at 9:17 pm

What a stunning polish… it is super rich and has a lot of depth to it. Plus anything named Cocoa is fine by me… Just when I think I am going to save money, you and Alli show such cool polishes. No willpower in this direction…lol

• Katie January 29, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I’m with you! I’ll declare a long no buy then the next weekend do a huge haul. So bad! I love how glowy this polish is 🙂