bL - Jaffa

butter LONDON – Jaffa

bL - Jaffa2Happy Weekend, Lovelies! It has been frigid here all week. I live in Virginia so I am not acclimated to lows in the teens and highs in the twenties and thirties – it’s just too cold! I’m a total summer girl. So… when I went to pick a polish from my stash for my weekend mani, I knew I wanted something bright and fun to warm me up!

I picked up Jaffa MONTHS ago at ULTA. It was on clearance – though I don’t know why as it’s still listed on the butter LONDON website here. At any rate, I certainly won’t complain about paying 7.99 for a bL polish!

Aside from having outstanding polishes, I really enjoy butter LONDON’s color descriptions. Jaffa is described as A juicy, orange nail lacquer that’s seedless, but potent as Hell.” Love it. It’s brighter than my camera would pick up. I used three coats to even out the color and application was very smooth and delicious – on par with what I expect from butter LONDON.

What do you think? Too bright for mid-winter or a perfect toasty polish? Two more swatches below the jump!

KatieSig

So pretty!

bL - Jaffa

bL - Jaffa 3

13 thoughts on “butter LONDON – Jaffa

1. Natasha Spark January 26, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I love it! Very bright and cheery 🙂

• Katie January 27, 2013 at 12:01 am

Exactly why I chose it! I love bright colors when it’s super cold 🙂

2. Daisy January 27, 2013 at 1:05 am

Dont be ridiculous. bL lacquer needs only 2 coats at most. Jaffa is with every penny of the 14.00 I paid. I think you are selfish and extravanent.

• Alli January 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm

This is the strangest comment EVER.

• Katie January 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I’m still trying to figure out how to respond…

• Alli January 27, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I think it’s strange because it’s not like you gave the polish a bad review. You praised this polish! Lol

• The Little Canvas (@TheLittleCanvas) January 27, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Daisy – did you not read how she praised this polish?? For her personal application, she had to use 3 coats, maybe you got away with two, but for her personally, she used 3. This is her blog, with her views. You might want to go check out the definition of “selfish and extravagant” before calling Katie that again, because she is far from it. Even in this post, there is no inclination of her being that way.

• Katie January 27, 2013 at 2:27 pm

3. Elena January 27, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I would have liked to see 6 or 7 coats… or you could have poured some on the ground… or just something that screams excessive opulence. Lol , seriously though, fresh color and stunning swatch. This definitely goes on my summer pedi color list 🙂

• Katie January 27, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Hahahahaha. I love that idea!!!

Yep it would make a lovely summer pedi color! I’m considering putting it on my toes now!! After the deep freeze last week highs in the 60s on Tuesday and Wednesday!!

4. Mrs. ManPolish January 29, 2013 at 10:49 am

This polish is amazing on toes ladies! I rocked this on my vaca to FL last year. AMAZING