Layla - The butterfly Effect

Layla – The Butterfly Effect

Layla - Butterfly EffectI seriously haven’t been this jazzed about a nail polish in a good long while. Layla really hit it out of the park with The Butterfly Effect.

This polish is stunning. It’s a grape purple jelly packed with delicious glowing flakes. The flakes go from orange to gold to green – very similar to Sally Hansen’s Hidden Treasure. Put it all in one polish and you end up with a jaw dropping glowing effect that I can’t get enough of.

Since this is a jelly, I used three coats to darken it up a bit and get a deep opaque look. Application was smooth and easy. For such a unique polish, the price was right at $9.95 at Ulta. If you’d like to see how much of the bottle I’ve already used, click below the jump!

Happy Friday!!!

Bottle Shot:

Layla - Butterfly Effect Bottle

Check out the green shine through!

Layla - The butterfly Effect

21 thoughts on “Layla – The Butterfly Effect

1. shortandsweetintexas January 18, 2013 at 10:10 am

Looks awesome!! 🙂

• Katie January 18, 2013 at 11:37 am

Thank you! It’s crazy awesome!

2. beachgal January 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Darn it – my very first and only trip into an ULTA in Nov and they had this one in the tiny bit of Laylas they had I looked at it and thought I have a ton of flakies that have this same effect but the purple sheer base and how it looked in the bottle was making me pick it up again and again but I put it back and decided on 2 only to bring home. Now I wish I had picked up this one and kept it in my basket!

• Katie January 18, 2013 at 2:46 pm

It’s so fantastic and original. Ah I love it! I’m sorry you didn’t keep it in your basket. Someone posted on Facebook they saw it at Ulta on clearance! Crazy! It’s well worth the 9.95 price tag!

3. Alli January 18, 2013 at 3:20 pm

There is no mention of the movie in this post. Automatic failure!

• Katie January 18, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Ah the primary swatch isn’t that great either. I blame snow anticipation for clouded judgement 😉

4. luchessa January 18, 2013 at 4:10 pm

This is a really pretty polish, so vibrant!

• Katie January 18, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Vibrant is a great way to describe it! Vibrant and fun!

5. Nat January 18, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I LOVE IT. I’m so in love with multi chrome flakies (or di-chrome, or duochrome, I’ve seen quite a few names, BTW any idea what term is actually correct?). Lots of what I see is along the ‘Shine of the Times’ look by Essie, which has been copied by many (including Essie’s version, I’m given to understand). Went thru two bottles in less than a year (considering how many other bottles of polish I have…).

But other than drooling over Nfu-Oh polishes on the internet , I’ve never seen anything like this. Anything I’ve seen is a clear-ish base that only looks decent painted over a dark polish (I always use black, or interestingly enough, purple, like my almost empty bottle of Ink by OPI).

If I understand correctly, you bought this recently? I’ve only found Layla polish here (in Maritime Canada) once, and they were YUCKY (looks and quality). You are convincing me that I was just unfortunate.

What a GEORGEOUS polish!!

• Katie January 19, 2013 at 7:36 am

Hey Nat! I love flakes too! Two bottles in less than a year – that’s intense!! What Layla did you try? I only own two; Cherry Diva and The Butterfly Effect. Hoping to get more soon 🙂

• Nat January 20, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I tried the magnetic ones. Unimpressed. Wow, I hope I see something like this! What a great ‘how it looks in the summmer sun’ kind of polish!!

• Katie January 21, 2013 at 9:40 am

Ahh – I wasn’t all that into magnetic polishes to start with and so I only have a few (and none are Layla). I am sort of sad I missed the holographic ones. I’m a sucker for holo polish 🙂

6. Elena January 19, 2013 at 7:16 am

I have to ask… will this polish stop me from desiring Fantasy Fire, Clarins 230, or Cult Nails Clairvoyant? I have a feeling it will… Stunning.

• Katie January 19, 2013 at 7:21 am

You know… It might. I don’t own any of those but FF and 230 were what came to mind as soon as I picked it up. Probably closest to Fantasy Fire in color. The big difference being that The Butterfly Effect has flakes instead of shimmer.

• Katie January 19, 2013 at 7:24 am

I’d continue and say that it would definitely squash your lemming for Cult’s Clairvoyant.

7. Mrs. ManPolish January 22, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I picked this up at Ulta on clearance! It’s great! Reminds me a lot of Deborah Lippmann’s Ray of Light

• Katie January 22, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Have you tried it yet!?

• Mrs. ManPolish January 29, 2013 at 10:48 am

not yet!! i’m bad! i have too many i need to try! soon though! 🙂

8. alexmae50 January 23, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I love this nail polish, soo much! It’s so unique! I’m trying to get many different colors I’ve never tried before, so this gives me an idea of what to get next. 🙂

• Katie January 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm

That’s actually why I grabbed this one! I have far too much nail polish, but this one is completely unique for me! Glitters and flakey top coats are also a great way to mix up your polish look!

9. alexmae50 January 23, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Exactly! I love mixing up my style sometimes when it comes to nail polish. I get soo excited for getting new colors to try out.